Your favorite Concept Album

• Thread starter Volteau
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Volteau

the Bard
Reaction score
Since I saw so many people talking about Heliocentric, I went out and bought it on a limb. Hell, didn't even listen to a clip on youtube or anything. And damn, I love it.... simply love it. Thank you all for the awesome suggestion. Still have a huge list to go through, though... :D

It's so raw and so wonderfully uncompressed that it makes me cry. I don't know if I should say so or not, but it reminds me of ISIS.

BTW, it's only 8 bucks on iTunes, so no excuses! Get it nao!

Black_Sheep

Reaction score
Scar Symmetry - Holographic Universe

Symphony X - Paradise Lost

Dream Theater - Scenes From a Memory

W.a.s.p - The Crimson Idol (very, very, very underrated album that happens to be one of the best ever concept albums imo!)

Those are what i can think of for now. There's plenty of more great concept albums for sure...

Huntor

Demon Slayer: P.T.F
Reaction score
10125.jpg

fearfactory-obsolete.jpg

linchpin

Specter
Reaction score
The one with the SHOCKing future where EDGECRUSHER escapes and SMASHER/DEVOURER is sent after him by SECURITRON and their DESCENT from power and oppression cannot be achieved with just HI-TECH HATE alone, so from there on it's FREEDOM OR FIRE for him to survive from becoming OBSOLETE because there will be no RESURRECTION from failing to survive a prison of TIMELESSNESS. :D

amonb

Les Paul Fever
Contributor
Reaction score
Epic

1176.jpg

And I always considered this as a concept album, like most of Devin's...

album-terria.jpg

The Uncreator

Control The Sun
Reaction score
Ayreon's "The Human Equation" can't really be beat, although "01.." is a up there as well.

Islandjam2990

Reaction score
250386_10150326002299744_102787549743_9468813_3617641_n.jpg

A lot of my favorites were taken, but Haken's "Visions" from 2011 is easily one of the best albums I've ever heard, period. It just happens to have a kickass concept as well :yesway:

Volteau

the Bard
Reaction score
Since I saw so many people talking about Heliocentric, I went out and bought it on a limb. Hell, didn't even listen to a clip on youtube or anything. And damn, I love it.... simply love it. Thank you all for the awesome suggestion. Still have a huge list to go through, though... :D

It's so raw and so wonderfully uncompressed that it makes me cry. I don't know if I should say so or not, but it reminds me of ISIS.

BTW, it's only 8 bucks on iTunes, so no excuses! Get it nao!

Went out and bought the hardcopy of this album. It is one of the most elaborate CD packaging I have seen. I'll take pics later on to demonstrate why.

BlackMesa

the G-Man's Bitch
Reaction score
I got many that have already been listed, I'll do a full one tomorrow, but I haven't seen this one listed yet. The Zombie Ep from The Devil Wears Prada. Absolutely love that album as much as King Diamond's Abigail.

pawiffuwee

Reaction score
The Dear Hunter's Acts I-III
Not sure if it qualifies, but The Mars Volta's Frances the Mute?
That's pretty much all I've got.

Fillifax

Reaction score
1898268185-1.jpg

For those who don't know, Chameleon Circuit is a band that exclusively sings about Doctor Who. Yes, Doctor Who. And they're brilliant!

')