Your favorite headstocks!

• Thread starter seekfreed
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RadoncROCKs

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
While the iconic Gibson headstock is not my favorite, it is iconic.

I do not like any 3+3 knock-offs that attempt to be similar, a la the Kiesel version. Much prefer Kiesel's PRS attempt.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wintermut3

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I prefer the non symmetric headstock of the ESP E-II eclipse over the original one from Gibson.
And even the E-II with the three stripes over the ESP USA.

15586190_800.jpg

mastapimp

Reaction score
I always liked what Dave at Equilibrium did with his head stocks:
Here's a split headstock that he has on the Masai and Accipiter models:
AccHSAngle-sm.jpg

And here's the in-line headstock of my FT7:
ft7hs-sm.jpg

Not necessarily from the looks department, but the compact nature of the Samick Blues Saraceno guitar's headstock is appealing. I just don't like that they didn't come with reverse geared tuners for the high strings...had to swap them out for some sperzels on mine (not pictured).

samick-hs-sm.jpg

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
I am a sucker for just the regular Ibanez RG headstock. Always have been. Especially the rosewood ones on maple necks.
20220916_124030.jpg

And someone needs to bring back the Carvin 7 string headstock. I love this thing just for how neutral and elegant it is. It would go with anything.
20220916_124047.jpg

And finally, the Oni headstock that Dan has put on a couple of his B-Types. I love the dead straight lines. t's so minimalistic yet still so out there:
FB_IMG_1663346587077.jpg

Wahwah

Reaction score
all of them need to be looked at with an eye to what they'll look like after the've been knocked into something, picked up a few dents, etc.

As such, the Fender classic might be the best. All those ESP/Jackson points just look crap when the point is inevitably knocked off.

I like the more retro looking one Ibanez is putting on their AZ guitars.

0017711_ibanez-az242f-electric-guitar-in-soft-case-tequila-sunrise-graduation.jpg

...but a few years ago I'd have thought it looked like something from a no-name budget guitar sold for a third the price of a Squier!

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
My KXK, simple, elegant but still aggressive/metal. Love the simple logo instead of a bunch of text too. Sorry photo is so giant. :lol:

View attachment 114407
Always loved his headstocks.
And I'm just noticing now, but the truss rod cover also looks cool. Bet it gives loads phat toans too.

EDIT:
all of them need to be looked at with an eye to what they'll look like after the've been knocked into something, picked up a few dents, etc.

As such, the Fender classic might be the best. All those ESP/Jackson points just look crap when the point is inevitably knocked off.

I like the more retro looking one Ibanez is putting on their AZ guitars.

...but a few years ago I'd have thought it looked like something from a no-name budget guitar sold for a third the price of a Squier!
Yeah I'd forgotten about the Ibanez AZ hesdstock (even though I have one in front of me right now :lol:). It's just really understated, and still very Ibanez with the little cutaway at the tip. Love the look of it being non-angled.

Theriaque

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Bernie! And it’s even a seven.

Attachments

• F448AEF7-4D40-40FF-AD14-C19FFCDF03DF.jpeg
    F448AEF7-4D40-40FF-AD14-C19FFCDF03DF.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 14
')