Your First Metal Band

• Thread starter omentremor
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

omentremor

this godles endeavor
Reaction score
Hey
Title says it all really. First metal band I really got into was Opeth. Still probably my favourite they are just such an awesome band. Also inspired my guitaring a lot.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. S

tacos?
Reaction score
mine was Korn waaaaaay back in the day :D

i know people bitch about them loads but they were my gateway into the world of heavy metal i still enjoy listening to them to this day even with all the more technical and heavier stuff i listen to these days

Ancestor

Contributor
Reaction score
Sabbath, I guess. Paranoid to me is more hard rock, but that was my first album ever.

Reaction score
Megadeth. Countdown to Extinction used to be my dad's favorite record to blast in the car when I was a young'un, and Sweatin' Bullets is still one of my favorite songs ever.

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
Metallica. When I was 8. Used to stay up and watch Beavis & Butthead, and it all went downhill from there.

XEN

BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS
Contributor
Reaction score
Deep Purple - not metal by today's standards, but back then... YEAH! :hbang:

Then it was Iron Maiden.

Korbain

Stay negative!
Reaction score
Korn! for fucking sure. Even though i ain't a bad ass if i say i got into metal by korn. lol. If i wanted to be really fussy i could say first real rock/metal band i got into was easily nirvana, but then they're in their own sorta thing. So i'll stick with korn! :hbang: :hbang:

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
When I was a young kid (like 6-7) my uncle bought me an Iron Maiden tape. It was ok then, but I didn't have too much interest in music until I was 15 or so, when I heard Cannibal Corpse - Stripped, Raped, and Strangled. I was/am very morbid and the lyrical content gave me a hard on, so I had to have more, it was all down hill from there. Funnily enough, heavier music was my gateway into lighter stuff. After listening to death metal, I progressed into black metal, and after awhile I got into Slayer and other thrash and power metal bands. I think I still prefer black/death metal, but stuff like Blind Guardian is cool once in awhile, I'm really picky with my power metal and I hate real singing, but the guitars are way too good to pass up in BG.

Sebastian

Reaction score
First metal band.. its still my favourite - FEAR FACTORY.... the first song i heard it was Shock!!!!! ...

Yes....

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Man, some of you are so YOUNG! :lol:

For me, the first metal band I ever liked, as far as a song went, was Quiet Riot, back in 1983, with Bang Your Head (Metal Health). I was 9. :D

After that, the first band I really got into was Guns N' Roses in '87. I listened to stuff here and there before that, especially Def Leppard's 'Pyromania' album, but like most kids, I didn't really get into metal until my teen years. Right after that, my foster brother introduced me to Metallica, specifically 'MoP' and RtL'. I was a soid fan of metal in general, and Metallica in particular, when 'AJFA' ame out.

omentremor

this godles endeavor
Reaction score
wait I forgot. Although Opeth was the main one my mum told me that when I was really young 2-5 age I used to listen to metallica (music vids on TV) like enter sandman and actually try and dance to it. Aaaahhhhh innocence. When you think you can dance to metal.

Nats

Reaction score
mine was Korn waaaaaay back in the day :D

i know people bitch about them loads but they were my gateway into the world of heavy metal i still enjoy listening to them to this day even with all the more technical and heavier stuff i listen to these days

agreed

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
Black Sabbath. I got given an 8 inch picture disk from my Nan (she kept it in her attic for a while). It had Paranoid on one side and Iron Man on the other. I was obsessed with it.

')