Your opinion is much appreciated...

• Thread starter adrock
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

what should i name my company?

• aura guitars

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • etheric guitars

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • überman guitars

Votes: 25 47.2%
  • paradigm guitars

Votes: 14 26.4%

• Total voters

adrock

long ball larry!
Reaction score
well i'm sure it's no secret anymore, as my threads have gotten moved to this section, but i'm starting a "guitar company". it's basically me, myself, and i, building full on customs. i've gotten a lot of great feedback on the guitar i recently built, both locally and on here. everyone kept saying "this guitar is amazing, you should do this as a business!". so, i'm finally listening. i have most things worked out, except one very important thing... the company name!! very hard to make a solid decision, and I can be indecisive to begin with. so i figured i'd ask ss.org's opinion.

here is the guitar i built, so i you can get an idea of what most of my stuff will be like. i will be expanding to more styles, and i'll do just about anything you want, within reason. but most of what i do will be along the lines of this - http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/de...-check-out-w-guest-appearance-56k-no-way.html

here they are, in order of my preference. please feel free to suggest something, i'm always open to new ideas:

1. aura guitars - i really like this one. it's short, simple, and inspires an airy, peaceful feeling when i say or hear it. i keep coming back to this one, but i think it's because it's a common, well known word.

2. etheric guitars - i like the sound of this one a lot. again, the word inspires a calming peaceful feeling to me when i hear/say it. not much meaning behind the name, but that's not a big issue to me.

3. überman guitars - my dads last name. it's very catchy, easy to remember. but also very tough and harsh sounding. not a bad thing, but not really what i had in mind.

4. paradigm guitars - i've been tossing this name around for quite a bit. back when i was building drums, i was going to call them "paradigm drums", but that never panned out.

let me know what you think, and please feel free to suggest anything :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Razzy

[10]
Reaction score
To be honest dude, none of these really tickle my fancy. Maybe I'm just in a weird mood, but none really roll off the tongue.

adrock

long ball larry!
Reaction score
To be honest dude, none of these really tickle my fancy. Maybe I'm just in a weird mood, but none really roll off the tongue.
man, no worries at all. thank you for being honest :yesway:

13point9

Now with Less Hair!
Reaction score
I was going to say Paradigm, but maybe its a better model name rather than brand name =)

gone with Uberman as its your dad's last name sounds like a family business ;)

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Uberman FTW. It's got Uber and Man, together. It's like if Arnold Schwarzeneggar was a guitar brand.

I wouldn't recommend Paradigm for a brand name, as Paradigm Speakers might take issue with it.

scherzo1928

has wood for you
Reaction score
What a badass last name. I would surely name it like that. It sounds better than Hartung ffs!

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'd be more worried about a solid business plan and potential sales vs. a name for the brand. Having seen so many small time builders go under leaving so many jobs left behind leaves me with that kind of indifference. How will you prevent yourself from going under? How will you keep yourself afloat with a few customs when you need more money?

It's a vicious cycle once you open yourselves up for customs - the public scrutiny can rip your business/dreams to shreds. Is this your part time endeavor or a full time job?

Just some thoughts :2c:

Good luck. I want to see at least one guy make it through the rough.

Also if what I've said is stuff you've already covered/considered - my apologies. I just like to look out for people :cheers:

adrock

long ball larry!
Reaction score
What a badass last name. I would surely name it like that. It sounds better than Hartung ffs!
haha yeah that name :ugh:
but which one of mine are you referring to? überman, or etheric?

I'd be more worried about a solid business plan and potential sales vs. a name for the brand. Having seen so many small time builders go under leaving so many jobs left behind leaves me with that kind of indifference. How will you prevent yourself from going under? How will you keep yourself afloat with a few customs when you need more money?

It's a vicious cycle once you open yourselves up for customs - the public scrutiny can rip your business/dreams to shreds. Is this your part time endeavor or a full time job?

Just some thoughts :2c:

Good luck. I want to see at least one guy make it through the rough.

Also if what I've said is stuff you've already covered/considered - my apologies. I just like to look out for people :cheers:
thanks for the advice man, i appreciate the heads up. definitely some good points made. but the name was definitely the last thing i thought about in all of this. i also have a full/part time job right now, so this is not my only source of income, by any means. i'm just gonna start slow with a few guitars at a time and see how it goes from there. if it takes off, awesome. if not, no biggie, i have other careers. as my man james brown himself said "you can't be greedy. you gotta take some... and leave some. i never been a cat who want it all." :D

and i'm already feeling the pressure of doing customs/public scrutiny. one of my first customers wanted me to do some blackmachine replicas. i just couldn't do it in the end though, as i didn't want to start off on that foot. copying such a major company would not be good publicity, at all. i've set my limits as to what i want/can do.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
haha yeah that name :ugh:
but which one of mine are you referring to? überman, or etheric?

thanks for the advice man, i appreciate the heads up. definitely some good points made. but the name was definitely the last thing i thought about in all of this. i also have a full/part time job right now, so this is not my only source of income, by any means. i'm just gonna start slow with a few guitars at a time and see how it goes from there. if it takes off, awesome. if not, no biggie, i have other careers. as my man james brown himself said "you can't be greedy. you gotta take some... and leave some. i never been a cat who want it all." :D

and i'm already feeling the pressure of doing customs/public scrutiny. one of my first customers wanted me to do some blackmachine replicas. i just couldn't do it in the end though, as i didn't want to start off on that foot. copying such a major company would not be good publicity, at all. i've set my limits as to what i want/can do.

:cheers:

')