Your opinion is much appreciated...

• Thread starter adrock
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

what should i name my company?

• aura guitars

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • etheric guitars

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • überman guitars

Votes: 25 47.2%
  • paradigm guitars

Votes: 14 26.4%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
For that I had to choose Paradigm, it was a toss up between that and Aura. Uberman is a bit ridiculous/pretentious , and Etheric just sounds like you not to (best sarge voice) stop making up words. The whole human energy fields ... too dang hippie. (But Aura has a nicer ring so it still made the running)

Philligan

The White-Knuckler
Contributor
Reaction score
I was thinking Uberman to begin with, but the fact that it's your dad's last name makes it so legit, too. Uberman, for sure. :yesway:

rfseet

Reaction score
uberman. sounds german in fact. aura's boring, paradigm's probably taken and etheric is plain hard to pronounce/spell

Al NiCotin

Reaction score
"Überman" at first sight gives me a feeling of quality and epic reliability associated so often to products made in Germany.
(i.e. I'm a big fan of Duesenberg axes)

Well, that said... why not "AdRock" ?

Important to have a look to translations in various languages. Don't do like "Lag" guitars who took the name from the road of their old location and is related to "latency" in english

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
I voted Aura Guitars, because reading the four options that sounded best to me.
However, you don't need to have Guitars in the name. Removing guitars, I like Uberman very much :yesway:

Ryan-ZenGtr-

Reaction score
If your proud enough of your product to put your families name on it, then go for it!

Honour thy heritage! :D

Best of luck and deposit up front!!! Guitarists are _not_ to be trusted with money.... :nono:

I do some repairs and parts builds, as brand acceptance is 99.9 % of guitarist's aspirations. Blame the advertisor's hypnosis techniques.... Just got a DI box, complete with catologue for ALL their other products... Anyway, the amount of times I've had to make "uncomfortable visits" (it's always embarrassing for everyone to be asked for owed money, nothing sinister at all) to people who owe me tiny amounts of money (think $ 100, maybe a little more or less) is frequent enough to change how I do business AND with whom. I have several unpaid for repaired guitars lying around, some for over a year, ranging in price from $500 to $1500, all waiting for collection. People can be strange.

You mentioned BlackMachine earlier. (Btw I'd edit that post if I were you :) ) Great guitars! Doug is a really great guy, player and builder. I believe his policy was 50% up front non refundable to go on his waiting/build list, which at the time I was talking to him was just over a year.

The difficult thing is guitarist claim they want something new and radical, yet when they see it, they claim it's not traditional enough, that's why there are a ton of clone builders, doing great but familiar work, and the radicals only make basses, a much more forward thinking group of potential customers.

Just some thoughts. Good luck!

adrock

long ball larry!
Reaction score
thanks for the votes, and opinions guys! i really appreciate them. it seems that überman has it by a landslide...

but it's so, easy, to pick it over the others. it's very common to use your last name, and überman definitely has a catchy, "classy" german, feel to it. but i'm always trying to be different, not that that's a good, or bad thing. needless to say, i'm still having a hard time deciding hahaha :D

i'm leaning towards aura and paradigm at this moment...

If your proud enough of your product to put your families name on it, then go for it!

Honour thy heritage! :D

Best of luck and deposit up front!!! Guitarists are _not_ to be trusted with money.... :nono:

I do some repairs and parts builds, as brand acceptance is 99.9 % of guitarist's aspirations. Blame the advertisor's hypnosis techniques.... Just got a DI box, complete with catologue for ALL their other products... Anyway, the amount of times I've had to make "uncomfortable visits" (it's always embarrassing for everyone to be asked for owed money, nothing sinister at all) to people who owe me tiny amounts of money (think $ 100, maybe a little more or less) is frequent enough to change how I do business AND with whom. I have several unpaid for repaired guitars lying around, some for over a year, ranging in price from $500 to $1500, all waiting for collection. People can be strange.

You mentioned BlackMachine earlier. (Btw I'd edit that post if I were you :) ) Great guitars! Doug is a really great guy, player and builder. I believe his policy was 50% up front non refundable to go on his waiting/build list, which at the time I was talking to him was just over a year.

The difficult thing is guitarist claim they want something new and radical, yet when they see it, they claim it's not traditional enough, that's why there are a ton of clone builders, doing great but familiar work, and the radicals only make basses, a much more forward thinking group of potential customers.

Just some thoughts. Good luck!
thanks for the advice man! always good to hear tips from other people. and i highly agree about bass players being a more adventurous group. but i think a bit of the ERG crowd are getting there...

but i think my blackmachine statement was fine. i clearly stated that i don't want to copy doug's work, and turned the customer down in the end. nothing wrong with that :shrug:

Latest posts

')