Your opinions, PLEASE.

• Thread starter endo
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

endo

Reaction score
I'm not looking for links to any locations OR suggestions for websites, all I need is a simple answer to this question:

What is a respectable price to pay for rock maple neck blanks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What size?
Plain with no figuring?

You're probably looking at about $50 depending on your exact sizing requirements. The bigger the piece of wood the pricier it's going to be.

silent_k

derpa derp!
Contributor
Reaction score
It will also vary based on the cut -- quartersawn wood is more expensive than flatsawn because there's less of it per log, but it's less prone to moving around because of changes in humidity (being in Olympia that might be worth looking for -- I went to Evergreen so I know of what I speak!). If flatsawn and non-figured is acceptable, I wouldn't go over the $20 Stew Mac charges for theirs, assuming that size works for you.

demonx

Searls Guitars
Vendor
Reaction score
Neck Blank can = so many things.

To me, neck blank means a piece of inch board, rough cut that I have to thickness and dress myself, then cut into three and laminate together. This = approx $23 +

To someone else, neck blank could mean a carved, fretted neck with a paddle headstock, ready to glue a body onto. This could be several hundred dollars.

It depends where you shop and who's listing the item as what.

endo

Reaction score
Heya, thanks for the responses! I actually forgot I made this post, ha ha. Sorry, I didn't think how incredibly bland and non-specific the term "neck blank" was! I am definitely looking for some figuring and quartersawn wood, it just depends on my finances at the time I'm actually looking for the wood.

Thanks again guys. I am going to have to order from an online supplier, there's no where close to Olympia that is a direct dealer/importer of delicious guitar luthier woods.