Your Top 5 Death Metal Bands

• Thread starter hereticemir
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ripper1134

Яippin' since 1888
Reaction score
1. Children Of Bodom - Black Widow
2. The Black Dahlia Murder - I Will Return
3. Suicide Silence - Destruction Of A Statue
4. Whitchapel - Viser Exciser
5. Carnifex - Heartless

Reaction score
why does everyone have to rip on the "deathcore" bands. they are death metal too but just a different form

Read the original post. It's the wrong thread for that. He was asking for death metal bands and explicitly stated no deathcore.

failshredder

hammer every cock
Reaction score
why does everyone have to rip on the "deathcore" bands. they are death metal too but just a different form

You can like deathcore if you must, but don't go around equating it with death metal. Especially don't tell everyone you know that you like death metal, and then play them Suicide Silence or Whitechapel. It's like telling someone that they should try Dr. Pepper, and then giving them watery root beer.

GhostsofAcid

Suiçmez fanboy
Reaction score
My stuffs all been mentioned, but...

1. Nile

2. Death

3. Obscura

4. At The Gates

5. Grave

fps

Kit
Reaction score
1. Children Of Bodom - Black Widow
2. The Black Dahlia Murder - I Will Return
3. Suicide Silence - Destruction Of A Statue
4. Whitchapel - Viser Exciser
5. Carnifex - Heartless

This whole list bar Black Dahlia has nothing to do with death metal IMO. especially Children of Bodom!!!

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not primarily a death metal guy, but Death is one of my favorite bands.

Atheist is also very good, and possibly the primary influence in Death's more progressive phase.

Many bands these days that sound like death metal are actually classified into different categories and subgenres, so there may be some contention over whether or not a newer band is death metal enough. :shrug: As long as the band sounds good to me, I'll recommend them.

Demonbrn

Reaction score
I'll probably be flammed for this, but I could never really get into Death Metal. The band that has been expanding this lately is....

DETHKLOK

And I think it's because they write seriously as a sarcastic exaggeration (I mean Murmaider was epic for me, lol).

"Your life is ended by Murmaids!" .... CLASSIC! lol

The Grief Hole

Reaction score
Interesting how some replies to this thread have sparked the debate between deathcore and death metal. Personally, the difference between the two is very distinct. Bands such as Whitechapel and Oceano remind me occasionally of Cannibal Corpses' breakdowns but the similarity ends there (again, for me). But seeing Children Of Bodom and Bring me the horizon on here makes me think some might have grown up without much exposure to death metal at all. Sorry to be negative about it.

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
I wanna add Cattle Decapitation - Pedeadstrians to my list as well. Best roadrage song ever! :hbang:

infernalservice

Reaction score
1. Carcass -Heartwork. The song that inspired me to play down-tuned guitars. Corrupted my 12 year old brain back in 1994.
2. Morbid Angel - Where The Slime Live. Those pinch harmonic bends blew my adolescent mind back in the day. Made me need a seven string.
3. Deicide - Once Upon The Cross. Perfect soundtrack for an angry 14 year old.
4. Behemoth - Alas The Lord Is Upon. Probably my favorite band of the last few years. Evangelion is a modern masterpiece.
5. Necrophagist - Seven. I love the way the intro rhythm changes in a subtle way and contrasts with the harmonics. Really every song of of Epitaph is great.

')