Youtuber with 8string "lessons"

• Thread starter blacai
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

blacai

Reaction score
Hi,
does anybody know about youtube channels with some basic/intermediate lessons or riffs with 8 strings?

All what I found so far are djenty or binary stuff(ok for those who enjoy, but not my case) or extremely professional guys :shred:

I would like to experiment more with the 8th string, because most of the songs I play are 7th's.

Genre I like is doom, stoner ...

Thanks in advance

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

j3ps3

Reaction score
Start with the intervals. Same theory applies to the lowest string so just go from there :)

extendedsolo

Reaction score
I would say just learn the note names all over the fret board and maybe when you have an idea on 7th string, see if you could maybe incorporate the 8th string. Really useful for chords and such. Getting it into the ideas you hear in your head will be the trick. I feel like if you have a GREAT ear or are good on basic theory are the only way to really break down the boundaries of the 8 since not many people do it so you are kind of forging your own path in a way.

sopobig

Reaction score
Getting it into the ideas you hear in your head will be the trick.
byXpe1

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
Besides learning the notes on the 8th string, and the new fingerings of scales, the most important thing is the sound.
If you don't get a clear not muddy sound from your bottom 3 string you will never be able to come up with good ideas because the 8th string will just sound as unnecessary noise.

extendedsolo

Reaction score
Besides learning the notes on the 8th string, and the new fingerings of scales, the most important thing is the sound.
If you don't get a clear not muddy sound from your bottom 3 string you will never be able to come up with good ideas because the 8th string will just sound as unnecessary noise.

agreed, I feel like just getting used to being able to tell between an F# to a G# on the 8th string is tough sometimes because the register is soooo loowwwww. I always wondering why Tosin abasis sound is piercing on the higher strings, but it's so that he can have the definition on the 8th. Hard to get warm top/clear bottom/can handle distortion on an 8.

Daken1134

Reaction score
i have a few 8 string lessons but i just started doing some beginner lessons here is the first a few more are on the way