ZAKK WYLDE Launches his own brand

Hogie34

Reaction score
I think this first year of being in stores is going to be a big wake up/ slap in the face. I have a feeling he's going to step back and re-evaluate the designs and come back in late 2017 early 2018 with some standard designs and a line in the $400-$600 range for the new player and regular guys wallet. He's got money but I don't think he's going to want take the hit he's going to if he's stubborn and doesn't change up his business plan a little.

He can keep his signature designs for sale at the price point he has set. However, he absolutely needs to offer a mid-priced line for younger up and comers. Standard colors with and without his signature bullseye and buzz saw etc. A "V" style, more traditional Les Paul shape , maybe an acoustic etc.

Just my opinion which I'm sure he'll take to heart and thank me for later ( huge doses of sarcasm there) :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dawn of the Shred

Member Since 2012
Reaction score
I think this first year of being in stores is going to be a big wake up/ slap in the face. I have a feeling he's going to step back and re-evaluate the designs and come back in late 2017 early 2018 with some standard designs and a line in the $400-$600 range for the new player and regular guys wallet. He's got money but I don't think he's going to want take the hit he's going to if he's stubborn and doesn't change up his business plan a little.

He can keep his signature designs for sale at the price point he has set. However, he absolutely needs to offer a mid-priced line for younger up and comers. Standard colors with and without his signature bullseye and buzz saw etc. A "V" style, more traditional Les Paul shape , maybe an acoustic etc.

Just my opinion which I'm sure he'll take to heart and thank me for later ( huge doses of sarcasm there) :hbang:

100% agree with this

Mathemagician

Reaction score
Anyone got any real-life experience with the V? Is the neck thin/thinner than a Gibson V, or as round as everything else. I know in interviews he personally likes bigger necks, so just curious.

Bdtunn

Reaction score
^ almost everyone who has played one that I've seen has commented on the chunky neck.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Bump.

21317514_1297539133691127_213369323126426515_n.jpg

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
That def looks swanky. I didn't care for this stuff when it was first announced, but aside from the inlays, it's not totally awful.

Anyways, I hope that amp has an RPHG -- random pinch harmonic generator!

Shoeless_jose

Reaction score
the head looks snazzy, cab looks shitty imho... I feel most of his attempt at his own brand has been a pretty big swing and a miss.

Triple-J

the Experimetalist
Reaction score
the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as
The head has me interested as it's obviously based on the JCM800 so I hope that there's some sort of lunchbox version and not just the 100 watt model.

One odd thing I noticed about that head & cab is it's tagged as Black Label Audio and all the stuff up until now has been tagged as Wylde Audio so perhaps the company is going through some sort of rebrand/reboot type thing?

purpledc

Proud blacksheep
Reaction score
The head has me interested as it's obviously based on the JCM800 so I hope that there's some sort of lunchbox version and not just the 100 watt model.

One odd thing I noticed about that head & cab is it's tagged as Black Label Audio and all the stuff up until now has been tagged as Wylde Audio so perhaps the company is going through some sort of rebrand/reboot type thing?

I have a feeling you are right. Especially since all these changes seem to be happening after schecter killed off its amp line. Who i believe was the manufacturer of this gear. I wonder if that is still true. Either way black label audio i like much better as a name.

manu80

Reaction score
Reminds me of dbz/diamond name stuff
Thomann has the guitars. 1400 euros is a very strange marketing strategy for korean/import gear
You're trying to impose a brand against which a gibson in used condition cost less for example... strange..

Shoeless_jose

Reaction score
I would buy one of those explorers and get rid of the stupid tails and curves, then the only issue is those horrendous inlays

A-Branger

Reaction score
Damn... getting uglier and uglier
Still i don't see a lot poppin up on forum or else...
for what I ahve seen around Instagram in his account, he might jsut be getting the first batch in his hands. There are photos of those explorers but seem like they just got build yesterday and he got the first 4 to check or something like that.

Hes using WMI, and after seeing what other brands going trouhg with the CITES delays, it would be reasonable to think hes been affected by it too (as WMI was affected and every brand made there). Reason why there arent in the wild yet

')