Zimbloth Live (Any Mass guys want to come?)

• Thread starter zimbloth
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
Still getting it sorted out, waiting for my buddy who shot the show w/ his HD video camera to rip it to his computer for me.

For now, an appetizer...

10.26.07%20-%20Lowell%20037c.jpg

live03.jpg

More pics of the blonde please. kthxbye.

p.s. oh and uh, nice rig, Nick. :D

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
More pics of the blonde please. kthxbye.

p.s. oh and uh, nice rig, Nick. :D

Ok haha. She's actually really cool, one of our top groupies/supporters. She took a ton of pics for us as well (still working on the vid/picstory).

fans01.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
Ok haha. She's actually really cool, one of our top groupies/supporters. She took a ton of pics for us as well (still working on the vid/picstory).

fans01.jpg

groupies are always good when they're cool,even better when they're cool and hot.

my buddy's band is awesome, but always seems to attract the ugly chicks.

On topic, I look forward to checking out the video....I have no idea what your band sounds like.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'm dying to show you guys the video and more pics, but it's not ready yet. Soon enough! Unfortunately the audio isn't the greatest anyways but the video part more than makes up for it, supreme quality.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yeah, she is cute - for some reason that picture didn't load the first time I opened this thread. Now I have two reasons to come to your shows. :wub:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yeah, she is cute - for some reason that picture didn't load the first time I opened this thread. Now I have two reasons to come to your shows. :wub:

Haha, the place I'd say was about 30-40% nice looking dames. If that ratio could hold up at all our shows that would be cool (unless that meant we had sold out and become a Soccer-Mom-Core band ;)).

Oh, here's another random pic or two while I assemble the real goods...

"Breakdown" Buddy's Dual Rec (really low serial #, sounds great) and Dan (aka "H.P. Lovethrash")'s assorted drums.

10.26.07%20-%20Lowell%20023.jpg

Jackson COW action shot...

live06.jpg

Us making fun of token black-metal poses (as opposed to the token 'arms folded/toughguy' routine ;))

10.26.07%20-%20Lowell%20042bc.jpg

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
How the hell can you play with that thing on your face? :D

I couldn't! It was absolutely miserable. I managed just to go on memory and feel. I made a few mistakes but all-in-all I did a good job with dealing with it. You major downside was that because I couldn't see or breath, I couldn't really go crazy with the stage antics, you'll see that in the video, but it's cool :) It was a Halloween party so it's just one of those things, next time it'll be easier :metal:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
The wait is killing us too. My buddy who taped the show for us with his HD cam has just been really busy. He told me last night he'd try to rip it this weekend. Not to burst your bubble, but you're not really going to hear my rig that great with a video cam mic, but it sounds cool :yesway:

amonb

Les Paul Fever
Contributor
Reaction score
I just want to see that alternate-picking action in HD! :hbang:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I just want to see that alternate-picking action in HD! :hbang:

Don't judge this too harshly, this is embarrassing quality. All four of us sound like shit here. Also our first paid gig, still learning :)

The real deal HD video is still being edited and fixed up, so for now here is an ultra-compressed shitty YouTube video. The quality is atrocious, but it's something. I'll post a higher quality one soon, more songs. Hopefully I'll mix the audio stream so you can actually hear what's going on.

Some things to keep in mind:

1) The sound guy decided not to mic us up (like he did with every other band). So, the guitars were very uneven and you usually heard my bandmate's Mesa more than me since I was standing in front of my cab (no choice, no room to move on stage).

2) There actually were a lot of people there, but my buddy Leo who took the video was right up front where the singers friends were goofing around.

3) Excuse the deemed false hardcore dancing. Most of our friends aren't big metal heads so they don't know better.

4) Sorry about the lack of movement on stage. I couldn't see anything with that mask on, and on top of that I had nowhere to go on that cramped stage.

5) This is captured on a camera mic. We really should just get a portable recorder for this kind of thing in the future :lol:

Anyways...

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
Deemed supreme.:metal:

That was a fucking awesome clip except for the hardcore dancing, you really didn't need to post all those excuses.

I don't listen to that style of music much but if I lived in your area I'd definitely come to one of your gigs.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Deemed supreme.:metal:

That was a fucking awesome clip except for the hardcore dancing, you really didn't need to post all those excuses.

I don't listen to that style of music much but if I lived in your area I'd definitely come to one of your gigs.

:yesway: Thanks. Yeah I know but I'm a perfectionist and care a lot about how things come out. Also, not all our songs sound like that one, stay tuned ;)