Ziricote vs indian rosewood baritone tele build

• Thread starter sol niger 333
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sol niger 333

I like stuff
Reaction score
Anyone care to share their experiences with a comparison between these two woods as fretboard material? I am having built a warmoth 28.5 inch flame maple telecaster shaped neck to bolt on to a one piece swamp ash telecaster body. I'm wondering if I'll need to balance it out with the warmer indian rosewood fretboard? Or will Ziricote be a better option?

Any advice greatly appreciated :yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AeonSolus

DO CEO / RHLC ©
Reaction score
Anyone care to share their experiences with a comparison between these two woods as fretboard material? I am having built a warmoth 28.5 inch flame maple telecaster shaped neck to bolt on to a one piece swamp ash telecaster body. I'm wondering if I'll need to balance it out with the warmer indian rosewood fretboard? Or will Ziricote be a better option?

Any advice greatly appreciated :yesway:

Ziricote is kind of Brittle sounding and more so if the neck is maple, which would transpose as clarity on a baritone, although i think you wouldn't have a problem since the body is Swamp, I'd say Change the neck wood to something like mahogany or rosewood with a Ziricote fretboard :) that way you'll balance it a bit more

BR10N

Reaction score
I agree, Ziricote sounds great If you have it with the right woods.

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
for what its worth, in my baritone build, i decided against zircote because warmoths supply never has the white streaks that make it look great IMO