Zombie Movies

• Thread starter vampiregenocide
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Marv Attaxx

Reaction score

a bunch of friends getting transformed into zombies by toxic icecream. Too bad that they don't know they are zombies.
pretty stupid.
but awesome, too...
kinda :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score

a bunch of friends getting transformed into zombies by toxic icecream. Too bad that they don't know they are zombies.
pretty stupid.
but awesome, too...
kinda :lol:

I tried watching that film, but it's one of those films that tries to be good by being bad, but ends up just being bad. :lol:

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
I hate cheesy zombie movies. i can appreicate zombieland(great movie) and shaun of the dead(i thought it was horrible, but i appreicate what it was trying to do).

I can not fucking wait for the walking dead series to come out!!
My personal favs have been
Dawn of the dead(remake)
both 28 * later films(excellent)
the original romeros,
zombie diaries

Oh, and world war z is like, the BEST zombie book around and i can wait for that to be made into a movie.

Marv Attaxx

Reaction score
I tried watching that film, but it's one of those films that tries to be good by being bad, but ends up just being bad. :lol:
Yeah, it started awesome but got worse after they ran out of ideas.
But I liked that movie anyway :lol:
Has anyone seen the crazies?

Reaction score
I saw the Crazies but I didn't really like it. I think if I saw it a few years ago when I was younger I would have liked it, but it really wasn't that great of a film IMO
Same with the Happening, that movie was just too funny

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
I hate cheesy zombie movies. i can appreicate zombieland(great movie) and shaun of the dead(i thought it was horrible, but i appreicate what it was trying to do).

I can not fucking wait for the walking dead series to come out!!
My personal favs have been
Dawn of the dead(remake)
both 28 * later films(excellent)
the original romeros,
zombie diaries

Oh, and world war z is like, the BEST zombie book around and i can wait for that to be made into a movie.

Personally, I think Return of the Living Dead is better than Zombieland, which is quite a feat since Zombieland was pretty awesome. If you haven't checked it out, you need to. The story came from the same guy that wrote Night of the Living Dead.

And if you don't find the film funny [it's also innovative, too] your skin is on wayyy too tight.

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
Personally, I think Return of the Living Dead is better than Zombieland, which is quite a feat since Zombieland was pretty awesome. If you haven't checked it out, you need to. The story came from the same guy that wrote Night of the Living Dead.

And if you don't find the film funny [it's also innovative, too] your skin is on wayyy too tight.

oh i dig that one too. i remember watching it when i was a kid

Explorer

He seldomly knows...
Reaction score
Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
I remember seeing Return of the Living Dead in theaters when it came out. It was definitely interesting, as it dealt with the reasons for the original Romero-zombie-timeline outbreak's reasons, and was fairly logical... and funny besides.

My personal favorite zombie movie is Return of the Living Dead 3, which took a serious turn away from the path of the two movies before it. I highly recommend it.

Different people have different definitions of zombies. I'd have been inclined to include the "28" films as part of the zombie genre, as well as the "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" films, but if eating flesh is necessary to one's enjoyment of film, who am I to say that's wrong?

Besides RofLD3, I found the following movies worthwhile:

The original Night of the Living Dead
[REC]
Fido
Horde

Worth seeing once:
Cemetary Man
Dead Girl Walking

Kamikaze7

Banned
Reaction score
Hey guys... Did anyone happen to notice that at the end of the "La Horde" trailer, there was the picture of the little zombie kid??? I watched that and it's the preview and trailer for Rec 2!!! I'd have to see the first Rec, as I thought Quarantine was okay... But it looks like (from what I saw of the trailer anyway...) that Rec 2 is going to be good!!!

Now I gotta ask about RE (Resident Evil) Degeneration... Even though it was a cartoon based film, did it follow the actual Resident Evil series at all film/story wise??? I don't wanna go see RE Afterlife and find out that I'm missing pieces of the story or anything because I missed Degeneration...

and has anybody heard of any kind of update on 28 Months yet??? I liked the first 2, and would like to see how well, or how bad it winds up being... And yes, the part at the end of 28weeks with the 3 guys in chemical suits and flamethrowers killing anything and everything was sweet!!!:yesway::metal::hbang:

IMHO, The Crazies was good, but I'd have to see the original that came out in the late 70's/early 80's to get a better opinion of it and to compare it to the new one... The ONLY thing I disagree with (and I'm sure YOU will too if you've seen the new Crazies...), is where they're trying to escape the town just as they are getting ready to nuke the town... I'm sorry, but there is NO WAY that that truck, or them for that matter would have made it out of that. They were definitely in the first 3 miles of the blast zone and would have been vaporized when the bomb went off. That was the only part I had an major issue with, but thought the rest was pretty decent! The arial shot of when they were in the boat in the lake and it zoomed out so you could see where the plane crashed was kinda burnt and creepy...

After having practice and then staying at my drummer's house (smoking LOTS of weed and lots of horror films - mainly Zombie films...) I have since become an avid zombie freak myself. And looks like it's perfect timing too for some new movies, as halloween is just around the corner!!!

Zombies = AWESOME!!! :hbang::yesway: (It's just too bad I had to quit smoking weed in order to get a good job and make good money again... But oh well, the new gear and tones that will follow will be EPIC!!!)

Oh and trying NOT to get too off the Zombie topic of this post, but has anyone seen My Bloody Valentine 3D yet, and how was it??? That's one I still have yet to see...

trenolds39

Reaction score
I couldn't think of the name of this film I saw many years ago, but I finally remembered: Burial Ground: The Nights of Terror. It's low-budget and has some messed up acting, but it's on youtube for anyone interested.

avenger

Reaction score
Alot of good suggestions in here but the granddaddy of all hilariously terrible gorefests has to be zombie doom. If you see it buy it or download it you will not be dissapointed.

Mexi

Reaction score
always been a fan of Shaun of the Dead. Zombieland was a fun movie too. The rest just seem like generic, rehashed zombie stories really.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
My favorite of all time still has to be Night of the Living Dead.

One of the first songs I recorded as a teenager had sound clips from the movie. I remember I had to hook the RCA audio output from my VCR up to my 4 track tape recorder to get the samples.

Although the newer, big-budget zombie movies like Resident Evil: ______, 28 ____ Later and The Crazies are entertaining, I do think that they do not add a significant number of new ideas to the genre.

The first time I saw the Return of the Living Dead, I thought it was pretty silly, but I quickly grew to respect them after awhile.

I thought that some of the plot points in The Beyond/The Seven Doors of Death were great, but that the overall production was sub-par. Some of the scenes in it were pretty stupid, such as the guy getting eaten by giant animatronic spiders for no apparent reason.

Kamikaze7

Banned
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Went and seen Resident Evil Afterlife, and was yet again another awesome follow-up in the series. However, I have 2 questions for those of you who are BIG Resident Evil fans (gamers, ect...):
-What is the name of that BIG creature in the new film with that huge-ass axe???
-At the very end between the credits, they show Umbrella coming in with another female character as the leader... Does anybody know who that is?

In from what I've read of the story line with Umbrella Corp, Albert Wesker had the ability to change forms into that of a woman. But since Wesker got his ass blown to smitherines, who is this new woman? I've heard a few say Jill Valentine, but I thought Jill was the woman reporter fro RE2:Apocalypse... Can anyone help fill in the blank of who that character is?

Thanks all!

Marv Attaxx

Reaction score
  1. Axe-man/Executioner from RE5 (he doesn't have a real name, it's just a small bossfight)
  2. Jill Valentine, Chris' ex-partner (again, check RE5. Jill is under the control of Wesker because of the thing on her chest)
Wesker never had the abiltiy to change his gender :lol:
There was a guy in RE: Dead Aim (his name was Morpheus D. Duvall) and he kinda transformed into a female tyrant.
Also: Wesker survives, you can see him escaping with a parachute at the end of the movie

Kamikaze7

Banned
Reaction score
  1. Axe-man from RE5 (he doesn't have a real name, it's just a small bossfight)
  2. Jill Valentine, Chris' ex-partner (again, check RE5. Jill is under the control of Wesker because of the thing on her chest)

So that IS Jill Valentine... But wasn't she the woman reporter from the RE2 movie??? And I knew she was under someone's control due to the thing on her chest. And I thought it was her from the game series even though I still haven't played a single one of them yet. I just wasn't sure... And Wesker survives??? I missed that!!! I'll have to wait until it comes out on DVD now and pay closer attention to that part. So it looks like Wesker will be making his appearance in the next one as well!!! I gotta say, they are doing an awesome job with the film series of RE... Still one of my favorites!

And I knew that one of the Umbrella officials could change... I thought it was Wesker, but your right now that you mention Duvall

And maybe it's me - but isn't Chris from RE-Afterlife one of the 2 brothers from the show "Supernatural"??? He looks familiar, I just can't place where I seen him from...

Anyway, thanks!!!

Marv Attaxx

Reaction score
Chris is played by Wentworth Miller. Not the guy from Supernatural (I thought so too lol) but from Prison Break ^^
Jep, Jill was in Apocalypse, too :yesway:
But she wasn't the reporter, she was an ex-STARS agent.
Both versions (Apocalypse and Afterlife) are played by the same actress. Just a new hairstyle :lol:
Old game-Jill:
http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv209/invicible22/JillValentine.jpg
New game-Jill:
http://www.conexiongamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/re5_jill_valentine_01.jpg

EDIT: Is "played by" correct English? I'm so fucking tired atm :D

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
I just saw "American Zombie." It was very subtle humour, but I enjoyed it. I would not recommend it for just anyone.

Also, I failed to mention "Fido" in my previous post; I think that it was very nicely done. "Fido" hit my funny bone more than a few times. :)

There was a Scandanavian Zombie movie that was pretty good, too. I think it was called "Dead Snow." It was really just the typical zombie movie plotline, but the production and effects were good. It had some satisfying moments that too many contemporary zombie movie miss.

Reaction score
Alot of good suggestions in here but the granddaddy of all hilariously terrible gorefests has to be zombie doom. If you see it buy it or download it you will not be dissapointed.

Hell yeah! So glad someone mentioned Zombie Doom!

I don't think anyone mentioned it, but Zombie '90: Extreme Pestilence is fucking hilarious, too. It's overdubbed terribly, similar to the television show MXC.

')