ZR Trem vs Tight End bridge

legolas151

Reaction score
Hey there!

I have an Ibanez RG1527 with BKPs and I love it. The thing is that I bought another guitar recently, a LTD MH-327, which I didn't quite like... I don't know, it just doesn't feel right: the floyd rose special doesn't hold the tuning well, I have the impression that it lacks attack/punch because of the mahogany body and the fact that it's a neck-thru, the neck is slim but not nearly as "buttery" as Ibanez' necks, i didn't like the neck pickup and wouldn't be able to change it for something decent (for my taste) because I don't like single coils...

SOOO I was thinking in selling the LTD to buy another Ibanez! I'm between the RG920QMF and the RG921QMF... the question is actually: to trem or not to trem? :wallbash:

I've heard some great stuff about the ZR trem: the guitar should stay in tune even if a string breaks (which is what I definitely need for gigs), holds tuning for very long and of course dive bombs

My only problem with that would be to change tunings; I'd have to send the guitar to the luthier every time I wanted to change tunings. This problem would be solved with the fixed bridge, but then again is the question: would the fixed bridge hold the tuning well? I mean.. I'll probably be playing in at least drop C ~ drop A tuning and I'm not sure yet which tuning will be..

Any thoughts? suggestions?

Thank you!
Pedro

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

iamdunker

Reaction score
not to trem
i would take a little time and learn to set up your own guitars, its not that hard and is way cheaper.

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
You should have no problems keeping the guitar in tune with a fixed bridge, it would also be a good idea to have it setup in your tuning so the nut and bridge are to your liking.

I have a ZR tremolo (ball bearing version) in my RG560 (previously had a Lo-Pro) the ZR is so much better to me in every way.

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
Setting up a trem is not rocket science. It's not even molecular biology.

Believe in yourself and anything is possible!

Djdnxgdj3983jrjd8udb3bcns

Reaction score
You could make a tremolo block, and just bung it in when you decide to change tunings. That way, you at least have the option to tremolo lots in the tuning you use most, as you can set it up for that.