On-pedalboard poweramps

thedarkvector

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm looking to shrink down my live rig to only a cab+pedalboard, and from what I could gather the only options for poweramps that fit on a pedalboard are the seymour duncan powertages (100/170/200) and the orange pedal baby, but that one seems a bit large for a regular pedalboard.

Are there any other options out there? or is it just rack-based stuff?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nerdywhale

Reaction score
I use a Quilter mini head which sounds great, and they also have pedalboard sized units that I assume also sound great.

I’ve also been quite interested in Temple Audio pedalboards and mods since I discovered (through a post here) their amp mod.

You could put together a tidy little board with this and their mini Cioks power supply, and depending on the size of the board, an interface as well.

thedarkvector

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Huh, these are interesting, though I'm not sure how neutral these amps are, I'm already running dsp on my board, and the temple audio mod says it has "real amp feel" which I'm not sure I'd want. Same thing for the quilters, as these seem more like actual guitar/bass amps than more neutral poweramps

Kosthrash

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
Just looking quick I found this Carvin that I was previously unaware of:

It has a big honkin' power supply that you'd need to lug around though lol.

The Duncan PS200 seems the best to me in terms of power-to-size, and has decent tone controls built in. It is however kind of pricey, and a 170 would probably work just as well.

Soya

Poor person
Reaction score
ISP stealth pro is another good option, I was happy with mine and it's tiny (minus the power brick of course).

')