¿How you can define in words the rectifier sound?

• Thread starter metalguy2013
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

metalguy2013

Reaction score
The sound in the rectifier line (Single, Dual, Triple). ¿How you can define the rectifier sound?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
I dunno how to describe it but it's my favorite amp on any sim I use...

TeeWX

All The Br00tz
Reaction score
Sledgehammer + Doom

I love a boosted Rectifier. When you crank them they just destroy the soundscape!

Promit

Reaction score
OP posted this thread on both TGP and SSO and comparing the responses is hilarious. I'll copy mine over:

The Recto Modern tone, which is what everyone here is talking about: massive, angry, brutal chainsaw. You always know a Recto when you hear it, whether it's an album or live. Somewhat scooped in the mids, thunderous (and kinda flabby) lows that whomp you in the chest, fuzzy raunchy highs. Somewhat poorly controlled across the board, which is simultaneously a weakness and strength. It feels like wrestling a tiger.

It's also a tone that has been beaten to death. It was the sound of a lot of the metal of the nineties, thanks in part to Metallica. Most of the early modelers, ESPECIALLY Line6, decided to target it as their high gain sound and got it totally wrong in the process. The scooped mid sound is no longer in either.

Rectifiers HAVE other sounds, but they're not particularly iconic or memorable.

SeditiousDissent

i drove bus
Reaction score
Haha, no doubt Mesa is getting destroyed on TGP. Many of those dudes think that if it doesn't cost at least $5,000 or have a 2 year waiting list, it CAN'T sound good. I do think it would be difficult to make the same handful of Em blues licks sound good through a Recto, so I can see where they might take offense.

Personally, I've never been a massive fan of Recto's (with exception for the Trem-o-verb... curse you, Mesa, for discontinuing it!), but I do think they sound good for what they do. If you want a massive, spongy hard rock/metal tone with gain to spare, go for it!

TeeWX

All The Br00tz
Reaction score
Some good points raised here. It kind of depends what you're doing with it. Modern Red + Screamer Pedal + Active pups + 412? Serious winning. Remove the screamer and hot pups and you've got flub and meh most likely. It also highly depends on how you play it too. If you're inconsistent or you pick like a wuss than you're in for a pretty horrible tone.

This is all assuming you're playing metal of course.

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score
Triple Rectifier in one image!

munky_head001.jpg

EDIT: I chose an older pic because that era is their BEST sound!

Latest posts