10s Guitars

• Thread starter soliloquy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

soliloquy

Reaction score
not sure if its 'ten-ess' or 'tens'

anyone have any thoughts/experience with these?
youtube personalities seem to love them, but the comments of people buying them seem to be hit/miss.

curious what your thoughts are.

getting a white single cut custom seems tempting from them

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

efiltsohg

Reaction score
youtube personalities are usually paid to like things

I don't know anything about this guitar brand though

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
They're not terrible, but the YouTube crew are full of shit.

Co-worker of mine bought an LP thing from them. It feels like a LTD EC400 or Agile. I wouldn't pay more than $500 for one of these.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Buy a used epi LPC, know what you're getting?

soliloquy

Reaction score

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
Other then nk I still don’t really trust these Chinese companies to do necks. don’t pay for then 500 bucks.

it will probably be alright.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
They don't have a CHUNKY neck, nor nitro finish, nor ebony.

They sell from reverb.

I feel like "you get what you pay for" is at play here.

If an lpc has a '59 profile a la LP studios, its not chunky either.

mbardu

Reaction score
Just get an Edwards E-Lp.

I'd recommend Edwards anyday of the week, but full nitro ones are very very rare. Not to mention, relatively expensive in comparison.
Still not a reason to go with 10s instead, the quality will be a few notches below Edwards for sure, but just to be aware of.

Other then nk I still don’t really trust these Chinese companies to do necks. don’t pay for then 500 bucks.

Jeez, on that note, what's up with NK?
A few months ago I'd have ignorantly said they're junk just out of preconceptions (and the early bridge issues)...but now after trying 2 for real...their necks are surprisingly good. Like really really good. Are they for real nowadays?

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
I'd recommend Edwards anyday of the week, but full nitro ones are very very rare. Not to mention, relatively expensive in comparison.
Still not a reason to go with 10s instead, the quality will be a few notches below Edwards for sure, but just to be aware of.

Jeez, on that note, what's up with NK?
A few months ago I'd have ignorantly said they're junk just out of preconceptions (and the early bridge issues)...but now after trying 2 for real...their necks are surprisingly good. Like really really good. Are they for real nowadays?

I mean generally the builders that are actually trying and focusing on building guitars are going to be better then the buffet line we'll do whatever you want "custom shops"

and their trying to not copy Strandberg so much.

even on my aguda. the finish work was pretty bad. but the fret ends were good and I only had to level one fret.

I've talked to the 10s guy as well. he seems to be committed to making a good guitar...but nothing they make really stood out to me that much.

etohk

Reaction score
I have a Blackie LP relic and honestly its a great guitar, I paid $500 cad. It came with epiphone pickups, I only replaced the bridge pickup and the bridge. Very solidly built. To me it felt/feels better than the last ESP EC1000VB I had. Its one of those guitars that I dont have to worry too much about compared to my more expensive guitars. I think its badass.

IMG_1483 by Higain, on Flickr

Last edited:

soliloquy

Reaction score

I dont like the way they look. And they dont have the finish i'm looking for either, which is White.
Though they get great reviews, I am cynical about them as well, as all youtubers claim it to be 'the best thing since slice bread'. which they said the same about all budget guitars and such...

JSanta

Reaction score
I dont like the way they look. And they dont have the finish i'm looking for either, which is White.
Though they get great reviews, I am cynical about them as well, as all youtubers claim it to be 'the best thing since slice bread'. which they said the same about all budget guitars and such...

Eastman is that good. Players rave about them because they are some of the best guitars on the market.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score

Having owned an eastman 335, multiple usa PRS and a nik huber, im suggesting buy an eastman :yesway:.

I want the P90 GT at 12th fret, but need to inquire about the neck profile.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
Really, I'm writing this to myself more than you. Just pretend that you are me and that we are schizophrenic.

Buy nice or buy twice

Latest posts