1999 Mesa Triple Rectifier vs 2019 Mesa Triple Rectifier

• Thread starter Dead-Pan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dead-Pan

Reaction score
The Meshuggah needs a boost to destroy.

You can't really boost the Sabot with the extra gain stage on as in this clip. The Sabot is very modern sounding where the Meshuggah is very Marshall sounding.

Note, I am dialing the amps in to sound similar and they all are capable of other tones.

This definitely confirms my suspicions that the Meshuggah sounds pretty close to the Sabot. The Sabot sounds more aggressive though, which I wasn't expecting. I remember playing a Cali and thought the Armored reminded me of it. They really are sleeper amps, barely anyone has one but they're awesome.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jvms

Reaction score
95 Recto, 5150 and Wizard are gold for me! Any chance you can reamp all the rectos with boosts? I'd love to check the difference out!

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
The more current versions are too damn fizzy, the old one's much less so. I also found the new current model waaaay too bassy, so much so I had to dial the bass down to zero or 1. I returned it to Sweetwater and bought a used older model in excellent condition on Guitar Center (pre-pandemic) for a cool $1000. Even did the parallel to series effects loop mod myself as I figured if I screw it up I can take it to an authorized tech and let them repair it, but I got it right lol.

Dead-Pan

Reaction score
The more current versions are too damn fizzy, the old one's much less so. I also found the new current model waaaay too bassy, so much so I had to dial the bass down to zero or 1. I returned it to Sweetwater and bought a used older model in excellent condition on Guitar Center (pre-pandemic) for a cool $1000. Even did the parallel to series effects loop mod myself as I figured if I screw it up I can take it to an authorized tech and let them repair it, but I got it right lol.
Possible that the bias was too low on the new one.