1999 Schecter Revenger (Proper pics this time)

• Thread starter AlexQ1993
  • Start date
  • Tags
    schecter
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AlexQ1993

Reaction score
I posted this guitar after the mods a long time ago with only one pretty bad quality picture and just wanted to upload a few from my Canon. This was the first seven string I bought and was a fantastic project guitar. It has a very odd timbre on the low end so I mainly use it for cleans and leads.

The modifications are
Dimarzio Blaze (neck)
Dimarzio D-Activator (bridge)
Hipshot .125 bridge
Hipshot locking tuners
New knobs from allparts.com

Here are the pics

16114539120_897020b4f2_k.jpg

wdM7CMf.jpg

MyrRMXQ.jpg

I1ExT0f.jpg

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ThePIGI King

Jiu Jitsu Enthusiast
Reaction score
^They were originally made in both black and white, but that does look a lot better than mine does! How does that pickup combo sound in the guitar?

AlexQ1993

Reaction score
^They were originally made in both black and white, but that does look a lot better than mine does! How does that pickup combo sound in the guitar?

I'm really happy with the way it sounds, especially the Blaze. The D-Activator really improved my rhythm tones but it still has a very distinct sound which must be due to the build or something. Do you find the same with yours?

ThePIGI King

Jiu Jitsu Enthusiast
Reaction score
As this is my first 7, I can't compare the low B to any other 7's, but when compared to my Drop B sixer, they sound very different, even unplugged, and I believe they are the same wood. But yes, it seems to have it's own distinct..."twangy" sound to it. I believe I read somewhere that the thickness of the wood, and even the shape of the wood (larger shapes having more mass) can change sound, but I do not know of the legitimacy of this statement.

Stooge1996

Reaction score
I know with my DA's on my 6ers there is very little difference in tone. I can't notice a difference between my ash, mahogany or basswood bodied guitars

Latest posts