1st 7 string (ibanez vs schecter)

exuser

Reaction score
Hi, I'm from spain and i'm new here. I want to buy my first 7 string but I don't know what to do. The deal is that I don't know what guitar to choose the Schecter Hellraiser C7 (black cherry :fawk: ) or an Ibanez RG1527.

I already have a RG570 and if I buy a RG1527 it would be like I had the same guitar twice :rolleyes:. I like the schecter because of its finish, the emgs and the bridge. But the problem in spain is that there arent Schecters and I don't know how do they play and how is a 26.5 scale neck. I don't even know any shop in europe that sells a hellraiser c7.

What would you choose? are the schecter okey?
:(

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Ibanez or Schecter? I say yes.

If you want some variety, the schecters kick ass. they're not really the same as ibanez's at all. the necks are thicker, and a bit wider, if i recall. they do play great though.

Espaul

Reaction score
The main subjects that are going to come up are these:

Ibanez super thin neck vs. Schecters baseball bat neck (over-exaggerating a bit now)
Do you like the thin neck feel? or do you like something to on to?

In design I feel that Schecter has an advantage, because for less money, you can get more stash (like inlays, binding and better paint). Ibanez often have a limited range of paint schemes and designs.

And last but maybe not least. Some here claim to say that they find schecter guitars to feel cheap. I do not feel that, but I've only played a Omen C-1, which I felt was a very good guitar for the price (bit cheaper than a cheap epiphone, but much better in my opinion :)).

There you have it ;)

And..... :welcome:!

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Schecters are hardly baseball bats, though. they're actually quite comfortable.

Xtremevillan

im leaving ss.org
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, I have a Hellraiser and it's amazing. The neck of the Ibanez RG series (I have a RG5EX1) is good, thin, but really, I prefer Schecter.

Also, fuck tremolo systems. I'm soon to get an RG1527 (Or a Loomis sig + hardtail come on loomis :( ) and you can bet I will lock that shit.

exuser

Reaction score
Well I prefer a thicker neck than the wizard. Then I'll buy the schecter but I don't know where :lol:

Does anyone know any european shop that sells the schecter hellraiser c7 black cherry?

thanks

XEN

BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS
Contributor
Reaction score
Well I prefer a thicker neck than the wizard. Then I'll buy the schecter but I don't know where :lol:

Does anyone know any european shop that sells the schecter hellraiser c7 black cherry?

thanks
Check thomann.de
I've ordered from them before and have always been pleased.

Xtremevillan

im leaving ss.org
Contributor
Reaction score
Oh, and you will be extremely pleased. But watch out, be extremely paranoid...the finish scratches SO easily and you will get sad.

I was playing Necrophagist and I accidentally put too much effort into the pickup selector...I hate nails.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
I like the Schecters as well. I think the necks are very comfortable. I used to own a Hellraiser and sold it when I got my Carvin, but now I am looking at Blackjacks and Hellraisers again (I want a fixed bridge 7 as well as a floyded one).
I didn't think my Hellraiser felt cheap at all.

exuser

Reaction score
I have looked for the hellraiser in thomman, guitarbargains, music productiv.. but no one has the hellraiser :(

yevetz

I am a COCK!!!!!!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
especially I don't like 1527 if it will be Ibanez so 7620 is better

ZeroSignal

Meal Team Six
Contributor
Reaction score
especially I don't like 1527 if it will be Ibanez so 7620 is better

Well so far the RG7620 has locking studs and the RG1527 has 5pc neck and better inlays. Locking studs are easily obtainable. Otherwise there is no difference and neither is better. :yesway:

meister

7 String Freak
Reaction score
Hi, I'm from spain and i'm new here. I want to buy my first 7 string but I don't know what to do. The deal is that I don't know what guitar to choose the Schecter Hellraiser C7 (black cherry :fawk: ) or an Ibanez RG1527.

I already have a RG570 and if I buy a RG1527 it would be like I had the same guitar twice :rolleyes:. I like the schecter because of its finish, the emgs and the bridge. But the problem in spain is that there arent Schecters and I don't know how do they play and how is a 26.5 scale neck. I don't even know any shop in europe that sells a hellraiser c7.

What would you choose? are the schecter okey?
:(

Well I have a couple of guitars, and I have to say next to my ibanez unv777, the schecter c-7 Feels and plays the same if not better than the unv777
For the price and quality of guitar you cant go wrong with the schecter, the neck is set neck and feels great, the fretboard is fast and smooth.
I hope this helps ya