2009 Formula 1 Season Thread

• Thread starter ESPImperium
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hawkevil

Toast Wiper
Reaction score
Thanks for the article. Really interesting to read. I haven't been into racing for long (2 years maybe) and I have to admit I don't know much about penalties and such.

I think the last paragraph of that article sums the whole thing up really well.

If it hadnt been for the preceeding accidents with Surtees and Massa then this whole thing could have been overlooked but because of it, chances are it has been blown way out of proportion because motorsport was in the spot light regarding safety.

Maybe it has something to do with FIA and the stewards wanting to retain their reputation for safety.

Then again, like in the article, it could be the FIA wanting to punish Renault for the shit storm that happened a few week ago.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
Jaime Alguersuari hadn't turned a wheel in an F1 car at all before last Friday :D, THAT is mental :D

Exactly. And he didn't mes up once. Sure, he came second last, but he still kept a mean pace - in qualifying he was still only a tenth of a second or two behind the rest. For someone's first hike into the season that is great going.

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
A link to support phatfil's post.

Schumacher to make comeback to replace Massa - FOX Sports on MSN

That is pretty crazy.

:eek:

Holy :poop:!!!! I was just saying last week to my G.F. that if M.S. raced at the same time as Hamilton, I'd still push for anybody but Hamilton. :lol: Well, here's to even Schumi beating him. :cheers:

Would love it more if the Brawns still whupped his ass. Not because I dislike him - I think he is immensely talented - merely that I'd like to think Brawn took his magic with him to the Honda team.

:agreed: Brawn needs to get back on-point now!!! :mad:

777timesgod

Officially the unofficial Forum Censor
Reaction score
wheels have come off for many reasons. bad nut, gun failure, etc, but no team has ever been given a race ban for it. there's no precendent for the penalty and no rule that makes that penalty manditory. a race ban is so far over the top.]

you have to understand that people are scared in the FIA over what went down and believe that Renault should had been more careful since the day before that freak accident happened...:yesway:

Hawkevil

Toast Wiper
Reaction score
:eek:

Holy :poop:!!!! I was just saying last week to my G.F. that if M.S. raced at the same time as Hamilton, I'd still push for anybody but Hamilton. :lol: Well, here's to even Schumi beating him. :cheers:

What do some people have against Hamilton that I don't know about??

It seems you hate him just for the fun of hating him.

He's a great driver and is actually fun to watch.

777timesgod

Reaction score
What do some people have against Hamilton that I don't know about??

It seems you hate him just for the fun of hating him.

He's a great driver and is actually fun to watch.

Well beside being an a-hole he also left the blame for his little attack on toyota's Trulli some weeks ago on the shoulders of that McLarens employee. He was fired after 30 years with the brand so hamilton could look like the victim and that he was orderd to drive the way he did...:agreed:
Check it out on the web.

Also if it wasnt for Timo Glock's "problem" last year he wouldnt be champion and last but not least he is not fun to watch at all. + the other drivers complained about this driving on more than one occasion.:yesway:

Hawkevil

Toast Wiper
Reaction score
Are you talking about the incident that happened in Australia because if you listen to the radio conversation everyone was confused what to do and blaming just Hamilton for that is way over the top. The whole point of the radios is to relay information to the drivers as fast as possible and the team then let him down because they held evidence that should have been put forward. Hamilton done the right thing here even if his team told him to lie.

Regarding your commenting with Timo Glock letting Hamilton win I think the biggest word in your comment is 'if'. Incidents happen like this all the time, maybe not with so much at stake but they do happen. If I remember correctly, it wasn't a problem as such that Glock had. He was on the completely wrong tyre and had no grip what so ever when it was hammering it down with rain.

The fact is Hamilton is the champion and to say he only won it in the last race is ignorant. He would have had to be in a position of winning it in the first place. Everyone knew it could have gone either way with Massa or Hamilton and basing it all on being lucky or unlucky is crazy. Look at other sport, 'luck' seems to be a part of it but if they wern't good enough at what they do then that luck couldn't come into action.

As for not being fun to watch, I'd say thats more of a personal preference but there seems to be only Hamilton and Alonso that dare to take risks like they do and as for other drivers complaining then wtf are they doing racing. A big reason they get paid so much is because of the danger they put themselves in. For me, racing is all about over taking and not watching an hour and a half parade lap which F1 seems to be at the moment.

777timesgod

Reaction score
Are you talking about the incident that happened in Australia because if you listen to the radio conversation everyone was confused what to do and blaming just Hamilton for that is way over the top. The whole point of the radios is to relay information to the drivers as fast as possible and the team then let him down because they held evidence that should have been put forward. Hamilton done the right thing here even if his team told him to lie.

Regarding your commenting with Timo Glock letting Hamilton win I think the biggest word in your comment is 'if'. Incidents happen like this all the time, maybe not with so much at stake but they do happen. If I remember correctly, it wasn't a problem as such that Glock had. He was on the completely wrong tyre and had no grip what so ever when it was hammering it down with rain.

The fact is Hamilton is the champion and to say he only won it in the last race is ignorant. He would have had to be in a position of winning it in the first place. Everyone knew it could have gone either way with Massa or Hamilton and basing it all on being lucky or unlucky is crazy. Look at other sport, 'luck' seems to be a part of it but if they wern't good enough at what they do then that luck couldn't come into action.

As for not being fun to watch, I'd say thats more of a personal preference but there seems to be only Hamilton and Alonso that dare to take risks like they do and as for other drivers complaining then wtf are they doing racing. A big reason they get paid so much is because of the danger they put themselves in. For me, racing is all about over taking and not watching an hour and a half parade lap which F1 seems to be at the moment.

Ok hamilton fun-club take it easy...:lol:

All i am saying is that he was pushed and there is no denying that. even from McLaren. he wasnt the best driver they had from the younger roster. He was among the best but not no1. ronn Dennis had a thing for him and always supported him. regrdless of what happened hamilton didnt take responsibility of what happened and LIED. He threw the blame on another driver and if i am not mistaken FIA punished him so.....:agreed:

777timesgod

Reaction score
No Schumaher for F1. It seems that he is under too much pain from his bike accident to race in f1 conditions...:squint:

The ferrari spot will go to the guy that was testing the f1 for years. i cant remember his name though.:scratch:

ralphy1976

1 less ERGNESS
Reaction score
No Schumaher for F1. It seems that he is under too much pain from his bike accident to race in f1 conditions...:squint:

The ferrari spot will go to the guy that was testing the f1 for years. i cant remember his name though.:scratch:

you don't need to as he will always be remembered as "the-guy-who-was testing-the-f1-for-years-and-raced-for-ferrari-once"

777timesgod

Reaction score
Luca Badoer. a good driver, but no Schumacher.

There you go thanks phil. Thats the one. well he has been doing this his whole life i guess so this will be nice. Giving him a chance to race a little bit.:yesway:

Hawkevil

Toast Wiper
Reaction score
It sucks Schumacher isn't racig now.

I seen an interview with Eddie Jordan on the BBC news last night going on about it and it lasted for like 10 seconds. It brought a smile to my face knowing that his answer would have been way longer than that but most of it would have been full of bullshit :rolleyes:

777timesgod

Reaction score
OMG did Badoer screw the race up. i hate to flame on a guy who just got a lucky break but....just check youtube to see why he sucked so much.

BAD-oer, the tifozis are going to crucify him.:ugh:

BlindingLight7

Needs moar Gear.....
Reaction score
OMG did Badoer screw the race up. i hate to flame on a guy who just got a lucky break but....just check youtube to see why he sucked so much.

BAD-oer, the tifozis are going to crucify him.:ugh:
hey man, i doubt you could even get through a fucking corner without crashing into something, you have no idea how hard it is to control one of those cars, so give him a break why don'tcha?

Scali

Banned
Reaction score
hey man, i doubt you could even get through a fucking corner without crashing into something, you have no idea how hard it is to control one of those cars, so give him a break why don'tcha?

Yea, have you seen the Top Gear episode where Hammond got to drive an F1 car?
Now Hammond has driven his share of fast cars, but he was completely useless in the F1 car. He didn't dare to drive it fast enough to get the tyres and brakes to the right temperatures, so the car was even harder to control.

I think Luca Badoer just had bad luck that this was a street circuit (always difficult with corners and grip and all that), and perhaps a circuit he isn't at all familiar with. He's been Ferrari's F1 test driver for the past 12 years, and has driven some F1 Grand Prix before that. I think he'll do better next time, he just needs to get into it again.

777timesgod

Reaction score

I drive at 120 miles sometimes and dont crash or lose control so guess again chump. Of course i cant drive a F1 but then again i didnt sign up for it like badoer did so why are you comparing.:nuts:

He humiliated ferrari and himself by even bothering to race. I know that every ferrari fan i have spoken to is really pissed off and want a piece of him. The fans of other teams are laughing their asses off. :rolleyes:
This is F1 kids mistakes are not on the scedule and definetely not a terrible performance like this. Dead last with a Ferrari? Without any mechanical problems? A rookie would do better for gods sake. Every newspaper even the mildest one flamed him and you guys are playing advocate...:noplease:

phatfil

Reaction score
you need to drive an F1 car constantly to be good at it. Luca got thrown to the wolves. keep in mind that everyone up and down pit lane said that even Schumacher, racing God, would need a race or 2 to get up to speed.

i am one of the Tifosi (got the tat to prove it!) and i am not calling for Luca's head. i reserve judgement until this weekend.

Hawkevil

Toast Wiper
Reaction score
Great race today at Spa!! Complete opposite to Velencia!

It's a shame so many people went out in the first lap and would have loved for Alonso to stay in the race but Im glad for Force India!

Hopefully they can keep it up!

Monza next :D

Hawkevil

Toast Wiper
Reaction score
According to a few sites Fisichella is now driving for Ferrari until the end of 2010...

He will then be a reserve driver for Ferrari after...

Bad move IMO, I'd rather race for an average team than probably not have a chance to drive for a great team. Well, who knows what will happen next year. Force India might be competing for the championship...