40" scale electric bass in EU?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ixlramp

Reaction score
Last edited:

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Yeah, these are definitely worth the $2000. Looks awesome, and is very well made. And, it plays like buttah. Veeeerrrrryy low tuned buttah!!

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Wow $2000?

Anything cheaper?
$2000 for a subcontra bass, IMO, is a very attractive price. Here in the USA, we have the Rondo/Brice Earthquake, but that's only 37". Wish Bass can do up to 40" on their custom orders, but, well, I've heard very mixed reviews on those. I'm sure the Kalium is a few tiers above the other two in terms of quality.

ixlramp

Reaction score
Cheaper? As far as i know Skip has a used Quake selling at 1200USD, it's one of the first production run so only a year old, it's the NAMM bass you see in the video.

Be careful with Wishbass.

stevexc

Reaction score
Wishbass are... very rustic and not necessarily ready to play out of the box. Also my understanding is the necks are much more similar to double basses than what you'd expect from a... modern bass. Minimum cost is $500 USD plus shipping though.

ixlramp

Reaction score
Sorry i was unclear. The used Quake is being sold by Kalium Music, message them at their FaceBook page, or if not on FB, PM me to get in contact.