5150 mid sweep mod

• Thread starter coolhands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

coolhands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm hearing good things gs about adding a mid sweep mod to a mk1 5150 I'm new to modding but understand the safety precautions and can solder well.i don't understand how to read schematics that well.does anyone have pictures of the location of were the resistor and pot should go to doe this mod or any detailed information on how to do this mod?thanks

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shask

Reaction score
I'm hearing good things gs about adding a mid sweep mod to a mk1 5150 I'm new to modding but understand the safety precautions and can solder well.i don't understand how to read schematics that well.does anyone have pictures of the location of were the resistor and pot should go to doe this mod or any detailed information on how to do this mod?thanks
In general, a mid sweep mod is where you replace the tone stack slope resistor with a pot. I think the 5150 is a 47k resistor. I would replace that resistor with a 25k resistor and 50k pot in series. That would give you a range of 25k to 75k, which would cover the normal range.

As far as where that is, you would have to trace the circuit and find the slope resistor. You would also find the best place to drill a hole to install the pot.

coolhands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
In general, a mid sweep mod is where you replace the tone stack slope resistor with a pot. I think the 5150 is a 47k resistor. I would replace that resistor with a 25k resistor and 50k pot in series. That would give you a range of 25k to 75k, which would cover the normal range.

As far as where that is, you would have to trace the circuit and find the slope resistor. You would also find the best place to drill a hole to install the pot.