7 Days Till Tool.

• Thread starter DelfinoPie
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DelfinoPie

Whoopsie Daisy!
Contributor
Reaction score
Damn straight, finally getting to see my favourite band in Cardiff. Sure its a whole other country that consists primarily of fields an fluffy mammals but fuck it -- I get a free ride down there off my mate and no doubt will get fucked up with some of his friends before hand; the female ones, some of whom are pretty hot.

He still needs to pay me for the ticket...and I mean 'NEEDS'...we pay our electricity via an electricity meter and we only have £11 left and we're all broke. The joys of being a student.

Is anyone else going to the Cardiff show?

[Possible Pic Story -- a camera needs to be acquired.]

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Spoongirl

Bunnies :wub:
Reaction score
You lucky guys ¬¬º Tool has to come to Chile!!! they'll not regret it :(

Shikaru

Mechanical Thunder
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm actually going to see Tool on saturday, and I'm not really a fan :lol:. I've got 10,000 days, but the only song I really listen to is Vicarious. I may give it a few whirls before then, to see if I like it any more.

I'm only going because two of my mates were going, but now one can't, and he couldn't sell the ticket. So he gave it to me for free :D, so I'm not complaining.

Cringles

Another Sinking Ship
Reaction score
i seen TOOL in dublin, greatest show ever man, sound was perfect. didnt catch much of mastodon, sound wasnt to great for them either, might be better on there own tour.

Shikaru

Mechanical Thunder
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm actually quite looking forward to it now. I've been giving 10,000 days some major listens, and a mate sent me Lateralus (the song), and they're fast growing on me as a band :metal:

I haven't heard much Mastodon either (I think I may have watched a few songs off a DVD of theirs), but hopefully they'll be alright.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I had the chance to see Tool many times but I always seem to miss them. :(

Have fun at the show! :hbang:

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
Tool is one of my favorite bands ever. 10,000 Days is an acquired taste really. But I love it long time. :wub:

ChaNce

Auto-banned?
Reaction score
It's funny to think that there are still people in the modern western world who don't know or have only been introduced to Tool after 10000 days.

It's like stripping one of the hydrogen molecules off of your oxygen, and thinking that is what breathing is like.

Shikaru

Mechanical Thunder
Contributor
Reaction score
I would just like to say, that that was possibly the tightest and best live performance from any band I have ever seen. Completely spot on all the way through the set, trippy visuals behind the band, and a completely kickass lightshow.

If I wasn't a Tool convert before the gig, I certainly am now :metal:

DelfinoPie

Whoopsie Daisy!
Contributor
Reaction score
So 7 days have passed since I posted this thread...and I've just got back from Cardiff, Tool were awesome and Mastodon were supporting. I'd never listened to Mastodon before but I'd say they're something to look into in the future for me lol.

I'm so glad Tool played 'Vicarious' and 'Rosetta Stoned' as well as some of their old stuff, but those two are my favourites off the new album. They sounded phenomenal and put on a great live performance.

It was a hilarious journey to Wales. Wales is fucking funny as hell, I couldn't stop laughing at a road sign that said "Badgers for 3 miles"...as if badgers were going to be evenly spaced out within a 3 mile area....how did they know where the badgers started and ended their inhabitance of that particular stretch of road?

Also, there was a massive truck carrying 'Emo Oil' and a pub called 'The Upper Cock' lol.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Awesome! :D The show I saw was fuckin' incredible...

I love the new album, though I have to add Jambi, both 10,000 days tunes, and The Pot to that list.

Gotta say, being part of a huge crowd chanting along to the "learn to swim..." that drives the bridge of AEnima was probably right up there with seeing Jimi play Purple Haze back in the day...

Also, I agree, the new album is amazing, but if you've never heard "Lateralus," dear lord... That one's, IMO, their masterwork. Danny Carey's playing on that albuim just defies belief.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I was thinking more the subtle stuff - the cymbol fills on the bridge to "Lateralus" absolutely blew my mind the first time I really followed them. Sure, it's a simple polyrhythm, but god damn it's cool. :D

DelfinoPie

Whoopsie Daisy!
Contributor
Reaction score
Here's the set list from last night or what I remember from it (its not in order apart from the first and last and obvious two part songs):

Stinkfist
Forty Six & 2
Jambi
Lateralus
Lost Keys (Blame Hoffman)
Rosetta Stoned
Schism
Undertow
Vicarious
Wings for Marie (Part 1)
10,000 Days (Wings, part 2)
Aenima