7 String Neck Pickup (BKP? DiMarzio?)

dkannen

Reaction score
Hello!

I am soon going to have a custom 7 string guitar built for me with a mahogany body. I plan to put a BKP AFTERMATH in the bridge.

However, I'm wondering about the neck pickup. I want something SUPER clean- I play JAZZ on my neck pickup. On my current 6 string, I have a DiMarzio LiquiFire in the neck, and I love it. As of now, i'm leaning towards a LiquiFire 7. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions to neck pickups. What I like about the DiMarzio is the plentiful Lows and Mids, and that the highs are slightly rolled off. Based on the BKP website, I can't seem to find an equivalently voiced pickup.

Any suggestions?

I'm new to the forum- this is my first post!!! :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
It would help if you tell us what woods are going to be used for contruction of the guitar as well as a more specific example. You looking for a sterile clean or a warm clean?

dkannen

Reaction score
It would help if you tell us what woods are going to be used for contruction of the guitar as well as a more specific example. You looking for a sterile clean or a warm clean?

Mahogany body, maple neck, ebony fretboard. I'm looking for a super warm clean (through a Fender amp for jazz), but with no breakup. Not sterile or 'trebly'.

Latest posts