7 string pickup route measurements...

• Thread starter ogisha007
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ogisha007

Reaction score
A local luthier is building me a custom 7 string, and because a seven string doesn't exist in my town, I won't have the pickup for the next couple of weeks, and he has never build one I need to know the dimensions of the pickup route for the standard 7 pickup (DiMarzio, SD...). Metric, imperial, I don't really care, I can convert it just as long as it's accurate.

untitled-8.jpg

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I've searched and searched and searched, I don't like to post new threads unless I didn't find what I looked for and it was very important to me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew_B

Reaction score
best way to go about it,
your not going to liike it,
but you should wait untill he has the pickup in his hands....
that way he can see exactly what he needs to do and make up templates acordingly...
better to do that then have him waste his time, your time, and a body blank and do pickup routs that you assume will be ok....

:)
my opinion, take it as you will...

ogisha007

Reaction score
A supreme thank you, Wi77. This is definitely what I need :)

best way to go about it,
your not going to liike it,
but you should wait untill he has the pickup in his hands....
that way he can see exactly what he needs to do and make up templates acordingly...
better to do that then have him waste his time, your time, and a body blank and do pickup routs that you assume will be ok....

:)
my opinion, take it as you will...

Well, if I have the dimensions, it doesn't really matter if I have it in my hands or not, as long as they are accurate. The luthier is experienced, he'll know how much to route, what depth etc... Everything is done the same as for a six string, except for the width.