7-string single coil pickups?

• Thread starter plyta
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

plyta

Rusty spoon...
Reaction score
Merry Christmas. What other non-custom made7-string single coil pickups except Rio Grande and dodgy DiMarzio Blaze would you recommend?

ibznorange

Chief Officer/RHLC ©
Contributor
Reaction score
i know they are custom made still, but duncan makes em in the custom shop, you can just ask for a 7 string version of a six string single

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jongpil Yun

Contributor
Reaction score
Tim from BK will only do rewinds of existing 7 string single coils because he doesn't have the housing or something, if I'm not mistaken. If you can find an old Blaze single or something he'll fix it up for you though.

Popsyche

Contributor
Reaction score
Most people hate the Blaze single coil. It just sounds nothing like a good single coil.

I think it was designed to "cool down" the sound of a Blaze neck or bridge when mixed with it. It really doesn't sound like much on it's own. I'd really like to hear one in the neck position, though...:idea:

arnoroth661

Tremol-no User
Contributor
Reaction score
I think it was designed to "cool down" the sound of a Blaze neck or bridge when mixed with it. It really doesn't sound like much on it's own. I'd really like to hear one in the neck position, though...:idea:

Huh... You know that could be an easy swap. It wouldn't be pretty, but I could make my RG7321 a HS guitar..

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tim from BK will only do rewinds of existing 7 string single coils because he doesn't have the housing or something, if I'm not mistaken. If you can find an old Blaze single or something he'll fix it up for you though.

Hmmm when I emailed him about them I was told their single coils are available as sevens, with nothing about them needing to be rewinds :scratch:

When did he tell you this?

Latest posts