7-string stud mount tremolo other than the Kahler?

• Thread starter Tubbs Mcgee
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Tubbs Mcgee

Wobbled away
Reaction score
I have an Edwards ET-C-7ST that I desperately want to get a trem on. I ordered the Kahler and it ended up being too wide for the center block because they use the same trem width for a 7 and 8-string (I assume to cut costs). Does anybody else make a 7-string stud mount trem with a narrower (i.e. not 8-string) profile, or is there a company that can custom make them, or is there a way to convert it to a flat mount, or modify the Kahler itself? I exclusively play ES335 style guitars at this point, so getting a different style guitar just to have a trem on it is really not something I want to do (I mean, just look at that beaut'... I can't give it up).

Attachments

• E-TC-7ST.jpg
    E-TC-7ST.jpg
    903.4 KB · Views: 24

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Tubbs Mcgee

Wobbled away
Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't realize I could do that until I looked more into it. I figured a stud mount would have to stay a stud mount. The only downside is the guitar will be permanently modded for a trem at that point, but it looks like the only way I'm going to get one on there. Thanks for the info!

Latest posts