7 String Telecaster (s)

• Thread starter teleofseven
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JuggernautCorp

Juggernaut
Reaction score
Turned out to be a very great guitar! Really good job, congratulations man, you are a pretty decent guitar builder. Although the fact that the "Fucker" text is not on the headstock makes me reaaaaaly sad. Man, why did you dropped that? It was an awesome, totally original idea!

teleofseven

spontaneus orgasmer
Reaction score
Turned out to be a very great guitar! Really good job, congratulations man, you are a pretty decent guitar builder. Although the fact that the "Fucker" text is not on the headstock makes me reaaaaaly sad. Man, why did you dropped that? It was an awesome, totally original idea!

i never dropped the idea of putting it on there, just never got to it.

dryhumor

terrible guitarist
Reaction score
It's not "Fucker".. But my guitars have a catchy name. I kinda hated Tele's before this post as well. Great build!

tuners.jpg

teleofseven

spontaneus orgasmer
Reaction score
alright. so...

the neck has sadly started to suffer from slight warpage.

the neck has warped so that it "dives" from the 17th fret. and from thereon 'till the 2nd fret it's bowing like mad. luckily the trussrod (which has been adjusted to hell) has straightened that area, but the little dive still remains.

i'm a big fan of super low action, but it's not possible with this neck. but still it's very playable, infact the playability hasn't suffered one bit. it just can't do that hellaflush action :D.

this would've been avoided if had made it a 3 piece neck, instead of a 1 piece.

next time i make a neck, imma have that sucker from quarter sawn rock maple. imma make it a 3or5 piece with CF rods. that oughta keep it straight dangit. (it'll also be a bolt-on, so i can huck it on the roof if it doesn't prove stable.

i'll never make a set neck again from regular maple... :D

it also had a scenario with the pickup sounding wrong, but that was sorted with a better, non tap pot.

now.... does anyone have ideas on how i could fix that little dive? i assume i'll have to rout a couple of skunk strips, but i wonder how'd that fix the dive since it's right at the heel.