8 String BKP's

• Thread starter teqnick
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zachmandude

Reaction score
old green one, yes, djent those pickups they do play well. errm... That said, the PK will not be the right match, duly states, my gut.

OK, fuck the Yoda talk, I suck at it, bad. Do I? Do, I. Allllllrighty then. Since my last comment, I've been looking into the Dimarzio PAF 8 (dp859). For some odd reason, when I see "PAF" in the name of a pickup, I've come to expect alnico magnetism. I figured that this one was likely released to give us 8 strange players something for the neck that could produce some good cleans with more sweetness in the high. Ahh but of coarse cinnamon sticks laced with wonderfully magnanimous opioid substances!!! <--- that's meh meager-ass'd attempt at some sort of Will Farrell impersonation ...

:ugh: OK so I'm half asleep here, at the tail end of a 10 hour night audit shit in this killer hotel I work with. :wallbash: Allow me to try again: Ahh but of course! Upon re-reading the product description - which, along with anything regarding the PAF 8 whatsoever, strangely does not exist on Dimarzio's website - I noticed that the PAF 8 is built around CERAMIC magnets! Hooray.. and off to bed. I can't write or tink

JaeSwift

Of Blood and Sawdust
Reaction score
One thing I can tell you: Stay away from the C-Bomb in that combination of woods. I had an 8 string C-Bomb in my swamp ash/maple neck'd RGD 8 and the treble...dear god that treble. It was ear piercing and overall very thin sounding. Swapped it out for a D-Activator 8 and was much much happier.

Zachmandude

Reaction score
One thing I can tell you: Stay away from the C-Bomb in that combination of woods. I had an 8 string C-Bomb in my swamp ash/maple neck'd RGD 8 and the treble...dear god that treble. It was ear piercing and overall very thin sounding. Swapped it out for a D-Activator 8 and was much much happier.

Hey thanks for this, man. This is the feedback/info I am looking for. Going off of BKP's sound clips of the ceramibomb, you'd think it might work. Scratch that one off the list! I'm almost wondering about a Miracle Man or even the C-pig now!

As for the D-Activator 8, you be diggin' it quite a bit then? Does it do cleans at least OK on the bridge? I can dial any clean I want in on my KT88 loaded Cobra, so I'm not worried about a little brightness there.

Reaction score
hey guys, personally im a huge fan of the aftermaths but I have yet to hear
the coldsweats in person from what I've heard in videos the cold sweats seem to be very evenly balanced but In my opinion I feel as though on my low E tuned (Ebeadgbe) the clarity is incredible it really captures the very tight tone with out getting as tight as a set of painkillers. Are coldsweats worth the switch?