8 string Q-tuners production! need buyers! (VERY possible! passive sized!)

• Thread starter MF_Kitten
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

damigu

stay tuned
Reaction score
if i had an 8, i would totally get in on this, too.

my firm opinion is that there is no better neck pickup than a q-tuner. it sounds amazing and has such incredible flexibility in the neck slot.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mgcasella

Reaction score
Do you have anything recorded so we can check out what it sounds like? :hbang:

if i had an 8, i would totally get in on this, too.

my firm opinion is that there is no better neck pickup than a q-tuner. it sounds amazing and has such incredible flexibility in the neck slot.

damigu

stay tuned
Reaction score
if you search the forum for "q-tuner" i have a couple short clips somewhere.
i think i did 2 or 3 quick bits on the neck pickup clean with different tone knob settings.

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score
if you search the forum for "q-tuner" i have a couple short clips somewhere.
i think i did 2 or 3 quick bits on the neck pickup clean with different tone knob settings.

your review plus all the clips I heard were the main reason I was interested in getting a q-tuner for the neck. hopefully this deal works out eventually.

mgcasella

Reaction score

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
they will be a direct fit if we can get them into production. and for that we still need those 12 pickups ordered :D

we´ve got a couple orders, but not nearly enough.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
actually, don´t let me know. let Q-tuners know. check the original post, there´s an email there. send them a mail saying you would like to be on the purchase list for the 8 string Q-tuners pickups. list how many pickups you want, and which models you want (low-z, medium-z, high-z, super high-z)

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
Do you have anything recorded so we can check out what it sounds like? :hbang:

Just to put in my :2c: its gonna be really difficult to show you how they "sound" since 1: they're transparent and 2: you can rearrange the poll pieces for each individual string in several ways to make the pickup pick up completely different.

The guy who made this video just posted this and 2 others on the forum. This honestly has to be the best demonstration you could ask for to basically show off how drastically you can change the sound with just the poll pieces. And this is with youtube filtering the sound quality to shit so you can imagine how much more drastic it is in person.

mgcasella

Reaction score
Whoa - I could definitely hear the difference regarding the height of the pole pieces! Too bad I don't have enough money to put these in my 8-string because these pups seem amazing (even via Youtube!) :eek:

Just to put in my :2c: its gonna be really difficult to show you how they "sound" since 1: they're transparent and 2: you can rearrange the poll pieces for each individual string in several ways to make the pickup pick up completely different.

The guy who made this video just posted this and 2 others on the forum. This honestly has to be the best demonstration you could ask for to basically show off how drastically you can change the sound with just the poll pieces. And this is with youtube filtering the sound quality to shit so you can imagine how much more drastic it is in person.

8string

Grande puta de gear!
Contributor
Reaction score
they will be a direct fit if we can get them into production. and for that we still need those 12 pickups ordered :D

we´ve got a couple orders, but not nearly enough.

We? so you're in again?

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
nope, but since i´m kinda arranging this with Erno, i refer to use as "we". i should say "they" though.

8string

Grande puta de gear!
Contributor
Reaction score
kk, ingen problem. tror egentlig du kommer til å kjøpe uansett;)

MoNsTaR

Reaction score
is this still happening or not, if it is, put me down for a bridge pickup

FlexYoFace

Reaction score
nope, but since i´m kinda arranging this with Erno, i refer to use as "we". i should say "they" though.

Erno replied to me today when I asked him about 8 string pickups before I ever found this thread. He didn't seem to offer any information that this was something being looked into, he simply told me many playes use BL-5's and to try those. haha.. I replied back to see if he'll shed some more light on this. I give another vote for Cepheus sized pickups.
Dimentions: 3 3/8' x 1 7/16".

Explorer

He seldomly knows...
Reaction score
Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
Alright, I'm in. I've sent an email to set up my preorder, although I am now waiting to know what is needed in terms of prepayment/deposit.

I love the Cepheus pickups, but I've decided, given that I finally sprung for the ebony fingerboard and the dual passives, I might as well go the distance and put the Q-tuners in, while also adding some dual pots to be able to work tone and volume separately on each pick up. I'll have to think if I want to do some sort of coil-tapping as well, so I guess I'll be sitting down and figuring out what I can do without changing the drillings/routings on the face.

At the point I get the details about actually placing the preorder, I'll also ask him how far we are from getting an order done....