9 STRING FIRST BUILD VID

• Thread starter IGC
  • Start date
  • Tags
    9 string guitar
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

IGC

Reaction score
full

NickS

New solution, problem changed
Reaction score
Uhhhh.... Pretty cool, I guess? Where's the rest of the story and/or build thread?

And why does the third highest string seem to have some true temperament type waviness going on behind the nut?

Reactions: IGC

IGC

Reaction score
For some reason only half a pic is showing up under my vid and then it mysteriously disappears. Is anyone else experiencing that on this thread?
Oh answering myselfe...click in the IMG icon and huge pic...
Never made a build thread, didnt really seem like anyone gives a $hit...maybe i will well see...

Last edited:

IGC

Reaction score
Uhhhh.... Pretty cool, I guess? Where's the rest of the story and/or build thread?

And why does the third highest string seem to have some true temperament type waviness going on behind the nut?

Oh the wavyness is from winding the string on and off. I would string it up , check it out/ play it... take the strings off ...do some work, put them back on etc...

NickS

Reaction score
Pics of everything, specs, good and bad things that came up during the build......

IGC

Reaction score
Pics of everything, specs, good and bad things that came up during the build......

Ok i will get some more stuff in here later tonight. :yesway:

...now that i think about it maybe a different thread in luthery for all those details? Think so?

NickS

Reaction score
You can do another thread or just count this one as an NGD thread.

IGC

Reaction score
Just made a build thread but having image from IMGUR problems...Have to work on this later. going to bed now

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
imgur doesn't work here on sso anymore...try something else.

would like to see more pics myself.

Reaction score
I don't specially appreciate reverse headstocks, but yes, it is uncomfortable. I think I know why it is like that, it has to do with the way the headstock angle was cut and then glued parallel to the 1st fret/nut line, hence the weird angle...

IGC

Reaction score
I don't specially appreciate reverse headstocks, but yes, it is uncomfortable. I think I know why it is like that, it has to do with the way the headstock angle was cut and then glued parallel to the 1st fret/nut line, hence the weird angle...

I put the headstock on a compuond angle completely intentionally. I think it looks cool and gives more brake angle :D