9 string multiscale kahler issue

Sonofshahar

Reaction score
I'm having my Agile 9 string multiscale setup and the tech and I are stumped. The high E string (and High b to some extent) aren't making contact with the roller, and instead are resting on the multiscale extenders of the kahler. We can't seem to raise the roller up without drastically changing the action. If we relax the screw on the front of the Kahler, the problem is fixed, but then the saddle moves forward and back, messing with intonation.

Any advice?

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Yeah, if I'm understanding it right, it seems like the body of the Kahler unit needs to be lower? If it's already all the way down, you might need to recess it or shim the neck if it's a bolt-on.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, if I'm understanding it right, it seems like the body of the Kahler unit needs to be lower? If it's already all the way down, you might need to recess it or shim the neck if it's a bolt-on.

:agreed:

Agile wasn't great at verifying these were installed just right, they're more finicky than the regular units. There's just no margin for error if you want all the strings to run properly.

That said, I've seen stud mount Kahlers with wonky studs that need reinstalls too.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
You'll probably need to recess the trem a little further, unfortunately. If it is a bolt-on model a flat neck shim to raise the neck a bit would do the trick.

Sonofshahar

Reaction score
It's a neck through, so there isn't much with the neck we can do. It sounds like adjusting the mounting screws is the answer?

Latest posts