a bands best album or song?

• Thread starter M3CHK1LLA
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After The Burial - In Dreams
I've got to hard counter with Wolves Within.
In Dreams was a great album, don't get me wrong. But Wolves seemed to just take the great parts of In Dreams and the great parts of Rareform, smash them together, and then run it through one of my personal favorite mixes of all time. I know the production of that album is controversial but I love it.
Every After The Burial album is good but Rareform is by far their best IMO. There's hasn't been a more perfect mix of melodic metalcore riffs and heavy ass grooves since that album came out.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Doug N

Reaction score
Alice in Chains - Facelift

I have a hard time identifying my favorite song on that one, it varies every time I listen. "Love, Hate, Love" is a perfect example of sick lyrics and vocals.

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
testament - the legacy (album)

prob get some flak for this one, but i stand by my decision. although the production could have been better, they did great for the time.

song for song the best album they have put out imho

Ebony

Signal purist
Reaction score
Morbid Angel - God of Emptiness

I can't decide between Covenant and Domination so I'll just nominate my favorite song.

teqnick

The only person that liked the new Faceless album
Reaction score
Every After The Burial album is good but Rareform is by far their best IMO. There's hasn't been a more perfect mix of melodic metalcore riffs and heavy ass grooves since that album came out.

Triple hard counter that dig deep is their best album. I guess it's a good sign if you have a hard time deciding what a band's best effort is.

Reaction score
TBDM - Nocturnal

Easy peasy
Personally I'd go with Ritual, Nocturnal and Everblack are tied for a close second place for me. TBDM is my all time favorite band so to me they don't really have a bad album other than Miasma but that's just personal preference. Ritual is everything I loved about TBDM's previous releases rolled into one album. Den of the Picquerist is the best song they've ever written IMO.

Shoeless_jose

Reaction score
just checked out that song on yt.

pretty good, going to check out more their stuff...thanks for posting

Hey that's awesome, they are one of my top five bands for sure so glad I can share the good news.

They have a pretty diverse sound, that song I posted I find blends the heaviness and aggressiveness of their earlier work with their more ambitious and deep later work.

JouniK86

Autistic philosopher
Reaction score
There are so, so, so very many occasions when I completely disagree with the widespread opinion about these things. Sorry for dumping all of these here, but I have to let it out. :)

BEST ALBUMS:
Depeche Mode - Ultra
Dimmu Borgir - Spiritual Black Dimensions
Emperor - IX Equilibrium
Genesis - Selling England by the Pound
Katatonia - Viva Emptiness
The Mars Volta - The Bedlam in Goliath
Mastodon - Crack the Skye
Morbid Angel - Gateways to Annihilation
Muse - Black Holes and Revelations
The Ocean - Pelagial
Periphery - II : This Time It's Personal