A chord sort of thing I gone and done

• Thread starter TelegramSam
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TelegramSam

7-string Understudy
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Haven't been on here for a while, so I hope you're all very well :wavey:

Basically I was just messing around on an online chord generator trying to come up with something vaguely inspiring, and I came up with a couple of parts for a song, if anyone wants to weigh in and tell me what they think after listening somewhere, that would be great!

Basically the first idea sort of revolves around A#

D#add9
D#maj7
Gmin7
Fsus2
A7#5
A#maj9
Fdim
Cmaj7
D#min
A#add9
A#maj7

I'm experimenting with more parts, but any ideas about how I could play around with this idea would be great :)

Cheers!
Sam

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheFranMan

Reaction score
Have you tried recording yourself and looping that? Or just using a looping pedal and playing over it?

A lot of times when I was writing, I'd hit a roadblock so I'd record, listen to it over and over, and see where my ear took me going forward. Sometimes playing it would cause me to focus too much on my playing and now on the "flow" of a chord progression or song. Removing yourself from the playing aspect can be very helpful.

TelegramSam

7-string Understudy
Reaction score
Have you tried recording yourself and looping that? Or just using a looping pedal and playing over it?

A lot of times when I was writing, I'd hit a roadblock so I'd record, listen to it over and over, and see where my ear took me going forward. Sometimes playing it would cause me to focus too much on my playing and now on the "flow" of a chord progression or song. Removing yourself from the playing aspect can be very helpful.

Sounds good, I may try that, thanks!

To be honest, though, I was hoping for some feedback on the progression itself, and I wanted to hear any ideas that came into other people's heads. I have a few of my own, but I find it interesting to see what other musicians would do around a set of chords like this :)

AugmentedFourth

X:1 K:C [c^f]|
Reaction score
To be honest, though, I was hoping for some feedback on the progression itself, and I wanted to hear any ideas that came into other people's heads.

If you want that, you should spell out the way that you are playing these. A bit of sheet music would go a long way since the voicings are very important. Even better would be a midi file or a recording of the progression as played.

TelegramSam

7-string Understudy
Reaction score
If you want that, you should spell out the way that you are playing these. A bit of sheet music would go a long way since the voicings are very important. Even better would be a midi file or a recording of the progression as played.

I'm still deciding what voicings of each chord to use, but I should've put an idea I had in any case, sorry! Once I've worked out the kicks I'll put some sheet music up and y'all can have a look?