A couple of new double thumb ideas

• Thread starter koalanights
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

koalanights

Reaction score
Hi all, I just recorded a couple of double thumb snippets for instagram and thought I'd share. I'm trying a stuttering technique where I hammer on the same fret rapidly with multiple fingers with either hand. I don't have this stuff where I want it yet, so comments welcome! I play with the indie/folk/progressive band Little Tybee and am incorporating a lot of this stuff into new material.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-gdy2BcgRo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI58oVECFMo

Thanks a lot!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thearistocat

Reaction score
Haha, i just watched these last night; subscription well worth it :). Very cool stuff especially the stuttery effect. Have you ever thought about (or maybe you've already done this) releasing a solo album? I feel like there would be a lot of cool stuff.
Also which Little Tybee record has the most of your work on it? I'm looking to pick one up once i get the money. That and some Shawn Lane...

xwmucradiox

sweep.tap.sweep
Reaction score
Your playing just gets more and more ridiculous with every new move. But its the way you incorporate these techniques into LT that is the most impressive. Keep it up man!

Go To Bed Jessica

Reaction score
Wow - I have to admit that I watched the first clip several times and I've still not the faintest idea what you are doing with your hands to produce those sounds.

Insane technique.

koalanights

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the kind words! I would consider a solo project eventually, but for now I enjoy the challenge of trying to stretch the boundaries of folk/indie music while giving it some progressive teeth. I also really enjoy songs and I like good song writing so I'm happy to solely be a part of what I consider to be (and hopefully others as well) great song writing. I think a lot of our newer stuff will have enough guitar masturbation to keep those hungry for a solo project happy (fingers crossed) : ) Also, if any of you want to learn what is happening in these vids, any others, or just about my approach in general, I love doing lessons over skype or bandhappy. I try to have flexible rates too so no one is excluded. Hit me up! koalanights@yahoo.com

thearistocat

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the kind words! I would consider a solo project eventually, but for now I enjoy the challenge of trying to stretch the boundaries of folk/indie music while giving it some progressive teeth. I also really enjoy songs and I like good song writing so I'm happy to solely be a part of what I consider to be (and hopefully others as well) great song writing. I think a lot of our newer stuff will have enough guitar masturbation to keep those hungry for a solo project happy (fingers crossed) : ) Also, if any of you want to learn what is happening in these vids, any others, or just about my approach in general, I love doing lessons over skype or bandhappy. I try to have flexible rates too so no one is excluded. Hit me up! koalanights@yahoo.com

Cool, thanks for the response:)
I just bought For Distant Viewing, a lot of cool stuff going on there.