A good 7 string in India under 500$?

Kaustubhaj

Reaction score
Hey guys!
I've been playing guitar for about 3-4 years now and I've been wanting move to a 7 string for a while. I own a schecter damien elite 6 and I love it! But I think its about time I bought a 7. I've been obsessing over them for a long time and now I have finally procured enough money to buy one in the next few days. I was hoping you guys could help me out...

I have a budget of around 30,000INR, which is roughly 500$. I can stretch to 550$ I guess, but it really needs to be worth it because I'm still in college and I don't earn a lot. I barely make enough for food and rent these days!

Anyway, these are a few things I was looking for in the guitar- I need a fixed bridge and a 26.5" scale length. It needs to be a comfortable and reliable workhorse, as I will use it for gigs, recording and everyday practice! It will be my primary guitar. And also, I was looking for something versatile, something that can do cleans and distortion equally well. So features like a 5 way PU selector, kill switch or maybe even a coil tap will be fantastic! I also understand that the PUs will not be great at this budget but I did some research and now think I can afford an upgrade a few months later. Maybe switch out the stock ones for Duncans or DiMarzios? Lastly, I live in India, so my options are kinda limited. Most places are understocked and overpriced, and importing something becomes ridiculously expensive! I don't mind buying a used guitar if someone's selling for a good price(that's rare though). So, any recommendations guys?
Thanks in advance!

P.S: I can extend my budget by selling my schecter, but I'm not sure if I should as it is the only guitar I own! This seven string will be the second guitar! What do you guys think? Any advice?

androponic

Reaction score
Schecter Banshee 7 Passive. Comes with Duncan Nazgul/Sentient already.
Hipshot bridge, Locking tuners, Ebony board and all at your price point.

Kaustubhaj

Reaction score
Schecter Banshee 7 Passive. Comes with Duncan Nazgul/Sentient already.
Hipshot bridge, Locking tuners, Ebony board and all at your price point.

That's almost double my budget! Getting it here for 949$ man. Way too expensive! Love the guitar though, so beautiful!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

erdiablo666

I'm from Canada...and they think I'm slow...eh
Reaction score
I would say go with a Jackson JS22-7. The reviews online (and here on SSO) are outstanding, and it's well within your budget. Upgrade the pickups and tuners later on if you want, and you'll have a fantastic axe. I'm even thinking about getting one because of the 26.5" scale.

Anant Naag

hate frets
Reaction score
That is about 30,000 Rs. The guitars you get within that budget will be painful (warped necks etc) in India. I know this because I have worked at a guitar store and all the budget guitars that come through (especially Futadoes) are almost always extremely horrid.

You can contact bobby and get a 7 string made or contact him if he has any for sale atm. If you want his number, pm me.

Kaustubhaj

Reaction score
That is about 30,000 Rs. The guitars you get within that budget will be painful (warped necks etc) in India. I know this because I have worked at a guitar store and all the budget guitars that come through (especially Futadoes) are almost always extremely horrid.

Really? I didn't know. I think ordering from bajaao will be better then, at least I'll get a refund if they send a faulty guitar right?
And I have no idea who Bobby is. Is he good? How does he charge?

Kaustubhaj

Reaction score
I would say go with a Jackson JS22-7. The reviews online (and here on SSO) are outstanding, and it's well within your budget. Upgrade the pickups and tuners later on if you want, and you'll have a fantastic axe. I'm even thinking about getting one because of the 26.5" scale.

Oh yes! That one showed up in almost every "budget 7 string" article I read! I was actually considering the JS32-7 as its available at a reliable dealer here and the 22 isn't in stock. Should I spend the extra money or wait for the 22 to be back?

Anant Naag

hate frets
Reaction score
Really? I didn't know. I think ordering from bajaao will be better then, at least I'll get a refund if they send a faulty guitar right?
And I have no idea who Bobby is. Is he good? How does he charge?

If you use facebook you can check out his work here
https://www.facebook.com/bobby.guitarman

I am using a fret-less baritone made by bobby and love it. Have played his other guitars as well, they are really good.
Within your budget though, you will have to use his handmade pickups, if you prefer the after market options you can upgrade them later on.

Don't use bajaao, bajaao often sells used stuff from guitar centre and other websites as 'new'. I have several friends who got burnt via bajaao.

The Jackson mentioned is really good, its one of the more stable guitars. Better to wait for the 22 though personally I recommend you contact bobby because
1: You get a guitar personalized to your needs
2: He gives lifetime warranty on all his instruments.

Latest posts