A MIDI use-case for an Engl E530

• Thread starter Zender
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zender

Tinkering, please hold.
Reaction score
Hi all,

After my G Major crapped out, I'm left with no way to switch my pre-amp. As I want to stay away from the G Major I was wondering if there is an alternative to switching channels and gain on the E530. Normally, to switch, I have two jacks in the back of the amp that I can trigger to switch channels, and to switch low and high gain. With the G, I set this up to switch both at the same time with a single footswitch (midi controller on my pedalboard). This is much preferred over the normal engl footboard that can only switch one at a time unless you stomp both buttons simultaneously.

Is there "something" small that I can put in the back of my rack, that takes a MIDI signal, and can perform this channel and gain switching with a single footswitch? I'm totally unfamiliar with the hardware in this area, so even the most obvious options would be welcome.

Thanks all!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
There's a bunch of stuff like this. I would highlyrecommend the soundsculpture FOOTSIM, or the axess electronics cfx4. they cost more than other like a nobels swither but they will be very reliable and high quality. there's also loop switchers that will give the option of using the loop for a pedal Or a relay switch like the rocktron patchmate or voodoo lab gcx . voodoo lab aslo has relay only switcheers as well. I love soundsculpture stuff and they are reliable and Ken over there is a plesure to deal with. Totally worth the money, plus it can work with other gear as well like effects with relay functions. check out the switchblade units they make as well. Very good quality with no tone suck.