A new trend with pedal builders...

• Thread starter Sean Richardson
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sean Richardson

Onedge Custom
Reaction score
I love this!!!

These are both from my FB feed. It seems that pedal builders are embracing gut shots to show off what they are doing. Personally I think it's something we should encourage. While we all know that the looks are cool and the sounds are PARAMOUNT, Its what's inside that counts.

These are from Anarcy Audio and....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 172

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sean Richardson

Onedge Custom
Reaction score
... Airis Effects

What do you reakon? Nice to see this stuff or not that interested?!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 106

wakjob

Reaction score
Well it's good to see real full sized components and not SMT stuff.

I can't believe how many high end/expensive pedals are SMT now.

downburst82

Reaction score
tumblr_inline_n6x3wyDUWE1rxq3z3.jpg

6 degree FX Sally drive :cool:

Sean Richardson

Onedge Custom
Reaction score
^^^^^^

Wow... That is stunning.

And things like that get me straight onto Google... I want one (and I don't even know what it is!!!)

Demiurge

Reaction score
It's definitely cool to see nice, clean work inside the pedal, but I'm guessing that another reason for doing this is to show that the pedal is not a re-branded Chinese OEM (like the Alpha Drive fiasco).

Shask

Reaction score
I have a background in electronics, so I think it is cool to see.

However, I am not sure the general mass public cares as much.

It is definitely not a bad thing though!

Ancient

Astronaught
Reaction score
I love seeing gut shots from builds. It's the extra mile that shows the care and detail put into the build that reassures confidence. That's one of the reasons I love my Dunwich gear, he posts gut shots to almost everything to show his insane wiring.

My amp:

img1494bx.jpg

A few of his pedal gut shots:

538898_447328238678564_4937688_n.jpg

942942_10151955035359552_1938301765_n.jpg

598648_10151802562309552_1651622767_n.jpg

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
I also have Dunwich as a friend on Facebook so I've seen most of your stuff being built lol

And I really respect that guy for showing his build pictures, I've learnt a lot (especially for the heater wiring and his bird cage tone knob) by looking at his stuff, so clean and well built. I'd love to hear your stuff IRL, that most doom like nothing else on this planet

Ancient

Astronaught
Reaction score
I also have Dunwich as a friend on Facebook so I've seen most of your stuff being built lol

And I really respect that guy for showing his build pictures, I've learnt a lot (especially for the heater wiring and his bird cage tone knob) by looking at his stuff, so clean and well built. I'd love to hear your stuff IRL, that most doom like nothing else on this planet

hahaha thats awesome! Nick's a good friend who builds some bad ass stuff.

Yeah his bird cage diode selectors are genius, and the perfect bends on the heater wiring is envious! It's worth him showing it off. and Thanks! I try to be modest but yeah.... my rig is pretty freaking doomy hahahaha

What's weird is now a days I mainly play power violence / crust punk kinda shit. :nuts: But in Drop F :shred:

cGoEcYk

Reaction score
I enjoy the gutshots. I feel like with anything boutique it's good to make it more personal and kind of connect with people more. It it looks all handmade or elegantly designed inside, that would make me feel better about shelling over the $200-4,000 that a fancy pedal can cost.

Steve Jobs was all about the circuit board aesthetics:

Under Jobs, Apple became famous for a level of craft that seemed almost gratuitous: For example, on the "Sunflower" Macintosh of a few years ago, there was an exquisitely fine, laser-etched Apple logo. As an owner, you might see that logo only once a year, when moving the computer. But it mattered, because that single time made an impression. In the same way, Jobs spent a lot of time making the circuit boards of the first Macintosh beautiful--he wanted their architecture to be clean and orderly. Who cared about that? But again, that level of detail would have made a deep impression on the few people that would have seen the inner guts.

Decon87

Reaction score
I love seeing gut shots from builds. It's the extra mile that shows the care and detail put into the build that reassures confidence. That's one of the reasons I love my Dunwich gear, he posts gut shots to almost everything to show his insane wiring.

My amp:

img1494bx.jpg

A few of his pedal gut shots:

538898_447328238678564_4937688_n.jpg

942942_10151955035359552_1938301765_n.jpg

598648_10151802562309552_1651622767_n.jpg

Jesus, that's like art. As a PC builder with OCD when it comes to cable organization, this is very pleasing to me.

InfinityCollision

Reaction score
It's a good way to see who really cares about their work - both in terms of the quality of the inner layout and in the selected components, if you know what to look for.

Ancient

Astronaught
Reaction score
Jesus, that's like art. As a PC builder with OCD when it comes to cable organization, this is very pleasing to me.

It is like art, and it also shows a sense of pride that I like. He uses solid core wire so he can do efficient and clean bends.

Found some more:

14199534791_bcaf863023_b.jpg

tumblr_n2fskwwSI81rkzu5qo1_400.jpg

tumblr_n2rcbaDaYp1rkzu5qo1_400.jpg

rectifryer

Banned
Reaction score
I enjoy the gutshots. I feel like with anything boutique it's good to make it more personal and kind of connect with people more. It it looks all handmade or elegantly designed inside, that would make me feel better about shelling over the $200-4,000 that a fancy pedal can cost.

Steve Jobs was all about the circuit board aesthetics:

Under Jobs, Apple became famous for a level of craft that seemed almost gratuitous: For example, on the "Sunflower" Macintosh of a few years ago, there was an exquisitely fine, laser-etched Apple logo. As an owner, you might see that logo only once a year, when moving the computer. But it mattered, because that single time made an impression. In the same way, Jobs spent a lot of time making the circuit boards of the first Macintosh beautiful--he wanted their architecture to be clean and orderly. Who cared about that? But again, that level of detail would have made a deep impression on the few people that would have seen the inner guts.
So ....ing true

p4vl

Reaction score
I don't have the slightest goddamned idea of what I'm looking at but the fact that they aren't afraid to post the guts for intranet scrutiny is admirable.