A present from Italy! <3 (56K = Benito Mussolini's mother!)

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Well Ron went ahead and shipped out my amp last week but I hadn't received the tracking number from his shop assistant Tony so I was just thinking to myself, "I wonder when my Brunetti is coming?" :scratch: Much to my delight I heard a loud knocking at the door and it was the FedEx guy! :woohoo: I'll keep this picstory rather short as I'm still in the process of shrinking down NAMM pics! :lol: :noplease:

I mean, c'mon Lois... a boat is a boat. But the mystery box could be anything... it could even be a boat! I'll take the mystery box! :D

Brunetti_XL_REVO_1.jpg

Goodies!!! :woohoo:

Brunetti_XL_REVO_2.jpg

What's this?

Brunetti_XL_REVO_3.jpg

A spiffy cover for my amp that will hold the footswitch and additional cables! :yesway:

Brunetti_XL_REVO_4.jpg

Another box?

Brunetti_XL_REVO_5.jpg

Ohhhhh the footswitch! Nice! :agreed:

Brunetti_XL_REVO_6.jpg

Pretty sweet eh? :cool:

Brunetti_XL_REVO_7.jpg

Metal diamond plating where you're going to stomp this badboy? Good thinking! :idea:

Brunetti_XL_REVO_8.jpg

Little foam already glued to the bottom of the footswitch. Nice touch as well. :wub:

Brunetti_XL_REVO_9.jpg

Footswitch close-up...

Brunetti_XL_REVO_10.jpg

.. and the other side....

Brunetti_XL_REVO_11.jpg

Oh yeah, don't forget the best part...

Brunetti_XL_REVO_12.jpg

Production card. :metal:

Brunetti_XL_REVO_13.jpg

Manual, stickers, model catalog and custom works catalog! :hbang:

Brunetti_XL_REVO_14.jpg

Marco uses these cool lights that glow when each channel is selected... but they are also push buttons to change the channel and midi settings! :eek: Very cool! :cool:

Brunetti_XL_REVO_16.jpg

The clean channel....

Brunetti_XL_REVO_15.jpg

... as well as the boost and xlead channels (rhythm and lead). :shred:

Brunetti_XL_REVO_17.jpg

Mhmmm....

Brunetti_XL_REVO_18.jpg

Volume and presence knobs.

Brunetti_XL_REVO_19.jpg

This is where we turn her on! :wub:

Brunetti_XL_REVO_20.jpg

Serial... nice...

Brunetti_XL_REVO_21.jpg

I like handmade amps. :agreed:

Brunetti_XL_REVO_22.jpg

Selectable output setting... always a good feature.

Brunetti_XL_REVO_23.jpg

Footswitch and MIDI control areas!

Brunetti_XL_REVO_24.jpg

Sweet effects loop! I need a G-Major soon.... :scream:

Brunetti_XL_REVO_25.jpg

My current setup:

Brunetti_XL_REVO_26.jpg

Same thing, slightly different angle:

Brunetti_XL_REVO_27.jpg

How about those fancy buttons? :lol:

Brunetti_XL_REVO_28.jpg

One....

Brunetti_XL_REVO_29.jpg

Two....

Brunetti_XL_REVO_30.jpg

Three....

Brunetti_XL_REVO_31.jpg

Warming up....

Brunetti_XL_REVO_32.jpg

Then I proceeded to play for about an hour. :shred: I dialed in a few of the sample settings from the manual that Marco came up after I finished taking the pics and MAN this thing sounds great! I definitely want to grab an attenuator and G-Major soon but I am really happy with the amp even without any effects added. All I need is some phaser and a slight delay on the clean channel, a tiny bit of delay on the rhythm channel and some delay and reverb on the lead channel. :hbang: The "modern" settings Marco gave me were darn similar to a Recto which is cool because I dig Mesa amps too. :yesway: After I get everything else squared away (i.e. completing the rig and paying off my guitar) I'm finally buying a mic and recording some clips already. This thing sounds great!!! :tmm:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
sweet deals!

i see the italians hate odd numbers :p

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Nice!

What are Edge and Focus? Presence and a mid sweep, I'm guessing, in the preamp section?

Edge = Treble (@ 10,000 Hz according to the manual)

Focus = Presence (@ 5000 Hz according to the manual)

He just names them differently. :)

Forgot to mention I'm going back and forth boosting the amp with either a Barber Direct Drive or a Bloody Murder:

Direct_Drive_Bloody_Murder.jpg

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
:scratch: 115 volts?

Yeah I asked Marco about that and he said it's rated to work in the USA. :shrug: I know it's 120V here but maybe a + or -5 doesn't matter? Both of the amps he had for NAMM were rated the same and the one that was up and running every day for 8-10 hours had zero issues so I would guess it's safe right? :D

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
UK model amps tend to run at anything between 220 and 240V, so I'm sure a difference of 5 in the US won't really matter. I mean, it's European made, so I can't really see what could go wrong with it. :D

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah I asked Marco about that and he said it's rated to work in the USA. :shrug: I know it's 120V here but maybe a + or -5 doesn't matter? Both of the amps he had for NAMM were rated the same and the one that was up and running every day for 8-10 hours had zero issues so I would guess it's safe right? :D

Most hi-fi audio gear is rated for 115v as well, it's because the power coming into your wall is pretty inconsistent, and usually below 120v (due to other people in your building/neighbourhood using their electronic appliances), so they function better if they're set up with that in mind ;)

We have some power conditioners at my store that shut off automatically if the power goes below 105v or over 135v, and they shut off a good 2-3 times a day most days (we assume from going under voltage).

So, moral of this story, if you have a power conditioner with variable output, set it for 115, your gear might just work/sound better, if not, set it back to 120, and this whole experiment will have hurt your gear not at all.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
I can has hot Italian wife? :lol:

:rofl: Yeah you can if you're Marco Brunetti! His wife is pretty darn cute! :wub:

Nice score :yesway:

I call dibs when it goes on the block :lol:

Nah, who am I kidding, I dig my ENGL too much :agreed:

Thanks man! :D Yeah, this amp is MINE, not going to be for sale (sorry Jerich! ;)) either! :fawk: :lol: Engl makes a nice amp (well, when they don't get killed in shipping at least :flame: ) and I'd still love to grab an Invader 100 someday but I think the only amp I'm still GAS'ing for on top of the Brunetti is a Mesa Mark IV. :shrug: I've always loved the sound of that amp and will most likely buy one eventually. :agreed: :wub: