Abasi Build (Large pics)

• Thread starter cip 123
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cip 123

Reaction score
First off, this was built for a friend, for free, I am receiving no money from this build please do not dm me asking to build one, just go buy an actual Abasi.

When I got round to taking building seriously I asked a couple friends if I could build for them, and what they wanted. They were kind enough to just give me a base idea and let me go wild, one wanted an Abasi.

Body - Black Limba with an inlaid Ovangkol top
Neck - Flamed Maple with a Wenge scarf joint, slim C profile
Fingerboard - Ovangkol with Glow in the dark inlays and side dots
Tuners - Gotoh
Bridge - Fake Hipshot
Pickups - Alchemy Hartshorn set with Custom FATCarbon Dark Matter tops

It plays real well, I'm happy with how the fret edges turned out I've modelled that aspect after musicman guitars and feel like I got pretty close to the rolled edges they have. The body is really comfortable and small enough that you can easily chill on the couch and play it without having to sit in an awkward angle.

IMG_9327.jpg
IMG_9324.jpgIMG_9329.jpgIMG_9330.jpgIMG_9337.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
That neck joint has to be so weak, can't believe you only put 6 bolts, that's going to snap in half the second you strum it!!!

All jokes aside, this is rad!

cip 123

Reaction score
That scarf joint is rad, I've never seen anyone like that. Sick build brother!
Thanks! I've seen it done a few times, mostly by Grainger guitars who do incredible stuff. Check them out too!

That neck joint has to be so weak, can't believe you only put 6 bolts, that's going to snap in half the second you strum it!!!

All jokes aside, this is rad!
Believe it or not when I strung it up I wish I had just glue the whole thing haha! Felt it woulda been even stronger. But thank you! The neck joint is definitely something to get used to when you play but you forget it quick.

Latest posts