Abasi Concepts/Larada Megathread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

xzacx

Reaction score
Am I missing the specs on these somewhere? I'd be interested in a 7 in a non-excessive scale length, but don't see what they are. Bolt-ons aren't really my thing though, so I'd probably rather wait for a USA regardless. Despite all the drama this model has gone through, and not being able to listen to more than 15 seconds of AAL (just not my taste), and having Fishmans, I've thought the design was so cool since the Ibanez version and I still want one.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Am I missing the specs on these somewhere? I'd be interested in a 7 in a non-excessive scale length, but don't see what they are. Bolt-ons aren't really my thing though, so I'd probably rather wait for a USA regardless. Despite all the drama this model has gone through, and not being able to listen to more than 15 seconds of AAL (just not my taste), and having Fishmans, I've thought the design was so cool since the Ibanez version and I still want one.
https://www.digimart.net/cat01/shop28/DS05737266/

25.5-27.21" apparently

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score

bassisace

Reaction score
Tried to order, website finds no shipping option in Toronto (Canada). Ah well, I guess I'm richer.

animalsasleader

Reaction score
Vintage Yellow and somehow incorporate some Tortieshell. But make it a pearl Vintage Yellow... :yum:

I think you're the only person out there thinking as forward shape and construction wise and willing to do a vintage throwback look. Or at least the only one who's acted on it with the Tele thing.
I feel you on that tradition meets forward thinking design thing. The juxtaposition can be really impactful. Older more traditional design elements have endured for a reason and can definitely help to ground more bold ideas.

animalsasleader

Reaction score
Does Tosin know the J Laradas are still going for $4000+? lol

And despite the snark earlier, I have actually played J Laradas and personally did not like the neck joint and preferred the old set neck joint, to be "frank" :)
Maybe the WMI ones will feel better to me.
J Laradas are much cheaper in the US. Also, I tried the ones in Japan wasn’t stoked on the set ups. I think your experience may have to do with string height and relief in the neck. It’s crazy how impactful a good set can be for a guitar. If you’ve ever been to NAMM you’ll know what I mean.

Latest posts