Abasi Concepts/Larada Megathread

CaptainD00M

Lungsman
Reaction score
Oh dude, most definitely.

I mean all companies cash in on things, otherwise you don't make profit so I get that. I just feel that at the moment its reached an exponentially pronounced saturation point. But just when you think it can't get any more saturated it usually does...

Of course that said I could very well be looking at the whole thing with rose tints, and there was a period in my guitar playing where I was a fanboy for two different guitarists and wanted all their junk so I don't begrudge anyone being a fan boy, but how much is too much product wise?

That said Guillotine I do have to say that there are probably a lot of people like Celticelk who like the new aesthetic and aren't AAL fans, and he does have a point about companies churning out variations on superstrats. Still its not for me, but you'd catch me shredding on a mossrite before an 8 string anyway :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Cloudy

Pacific Wood Lab
Reaction score
XB3941-1000.jpg

Ibanez just released some HD pictures of the new model...

but seriously:
12196024_10153227258149013_2353237031443037920_n.jpg

gorthul

Reaction score
Was not so sure about the shape when I saw the videos, but when I see those pics I kinda like it. But it would still be better if it would be headless.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Agreed that it needs to be a headless. The headstock doesn't fit at all.

Even with no headstock I'd hate it, though. It looks hideous. :lol: I dig the natural back on finished top, though.

Bdtunn

Reaction score
If that horn curved down it might kinda got the lines.
Yeah headless and this would might work.
Good on ibanez for doing something others then an s or rg.

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
Ibanez just released some HD pictures of the new model...

but seriously:
12196024_10153227258149013_2353237031443037920_n.jpg

Looks awesome to use it as a tool to put pizzas into the oven.

Out of the many wrong things in this guitar, I think the worse one is the glossy finish.
Natural wood on body and headstock would save this guitar a big deal.

Musiscience

Reaction score
Oh dude, most definitely. Companies cash in on the artist name association, and of course, the fanboys want to think that they are "playing the same gear as their idols" or achieving the same tone as their idols (in regards to guitar playing or production). I do believe that everyone and their mother getting a signature everything (guitar, amp, picks, strings, pickups, presets, software, etc.) is a little over-the-top, but the companies are cashing in. Can't really blame the companies that much for wanting to make an easy profit. Right now, I'm waiting to see what the next piece of (*cough* overpriced *cough*) gear will be with the name of one of the gear-grubbing/gear-whoring Periphery guys slapped on it.

All of the Tosin diehard fanboys are loving this prototype out of their mindless "herd of sheep" fanboy mentality; meanwhile, the rest of us are like...."WTF IS DIS".

Pretty ignorant to think that you could only like a design if you are a fan of the artist. You might want to consider that your opinion is subjective and does not apply to "everyone in their right mind". Tastes are personal, you should respect that much. Personally, I don't play 8 strings nor do I want to, but I think the design is original for an Ibanez and Teuffel like.

:2c:

JaxoBuzzo

....ing river pirate
Reaction score
Making it headless would be incredible, but it would just fuel the strandberg ripoff comments, other than the lower half of the body, I don't see it, but I wonder what Ola has to say about it?

I still just think it's cool to see an ibanez that isn't an RG or S.

The Hiryuu

Dot dot dot.
Reaction score
I'd buy the .... out of that regardless of it being a signature model. I give zero ....s either way. That guitar looks awesome to me.

The Hiryuu

Dot dot dot.
Reaction score
These are probably Pegasus & Sentients with active covers on them, I imagine Ibanez may not have a router template for the passive ones sorted yet.

That thing looks like a Teufel Tesla, Strandberg Boden and Ibanez RG had a 3 way and then let Jeff Kiessel at the baby. :ugh:

Nah, the bevel would be a different color for some reason and the fretboard would be stained if Kiesel got to it. :lol:

CaptainD00M

Lungsman
Reaction score
I'd ease up on Emperorguillotine man, I think we all know what he's getting at. I mean come on how many people have oversimplified something to make a point, especially in text and on an online forum.

And lets be real here the whole point of a signature guitar is to give fans an opportunity to buy the same guitar that their idol plays, so there will be a LOT of people who by it because it has Tosin's name on it.

But sure there will also be people who like non-standard shaped guitars who like it too, and who knows maybe it will be like the KM-7 where a lot of guy's simply buy it for the awesome spec… but I suspect Ibanez know's who their clientele is on this on.

thats my :2c:

elkinz

Pun Enthusiast
Reaction score
its really bizarre but I kind of like it in a way? I don't know I have a feeling this is the very simplified version of the full one to come - just like the lacs prototype of his TAM100. Much more simple than the final version.

I think if it had some nice wood going on, and headless, and passives I could dig this a lot!

Devyn Eclipse Nav

Avid Open C Enthusiast, Aspiring Ghibli Wizard
Reaction score
On the whole pickup company thing - it's not showing he's a Seymour Duncan artist on their site, tho he's also not showing up in the DiMarzio "players" section... Still has his name on the Ionizers, tho

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Given how several of his personal guitars have Pegasus/Sentients in them, and this new guitar either has Blackouts or some special dealies, I'm willing to bet he's going to be on the Duncan train sometime next year.

Malkav

Washing your dishes.
Reaction score
Nah, the bevel would be a different color for some reason and the fretboard would be stained if Kiesel got to it. :lol:

:rofl:Touché

Anyway, I'm glad he digs it and all. Not mad about it aesthetically myself, which is weird because single-cut ergonomic fanned fret 8 string sounds like a whole lot of win to me, just don't like the execution of that one.

Latest posts