Abasi Concepts/Larada Megathread

stupidweakbaby

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Good point. The body design itself is literally just a Strandberg Boden without a top horn and with a headstock added. So I guess you are right. Neither Darren nor Tosin designed this “from scratch”.

Did Tosin do something to really upset you? Like run over your cat and then start playing CAFO on its grave?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
Darn. I thought we were on Vol. 69. The true edgelord holy number!

Why do YOU care? Like, why care so much? Why ask such dumb questions?

Good point. The body design itself is literally just a Strandberg Boden without a top horn and with a headstock added. So I guess you are right. Neither Darren nor Tosin designed this “from scratch”.

you seem mad bro

HungryGuitarStudent

Reaction score
Darn. I thought we were on Vol. 69. The true edgelord holy number!

Why do YOU care? Like, why care so much? Why ask such dumb questions?

I don’t really care, but please carry on with the entertainment. Seriously man, are you doing allright?

20/20 Investigates bro.

We need Barbara Walters right now. Dr. Phil would also be a good idea.

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
What crack must one smoke to think the larada looks anything like a boden?

That's like saying a strat looks like an sg.

As for the two tone, I kinda dig it, but I doubt I'd ever be inclined to buy one. I'm not a huge fan of the asymmetric top/bevel contrast. Looks way more lopsided than it actually is. Much like the kiesel Aries. Gives the illusion of the non-beveled part being the actual shape of the guitar. Give me a solid pastel pink and I'll be a happy camper.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
Why is everyone so cross about everything at the moment?

WHY ARE AMPS EXPENSIVE, IT'S LIKE IF I SAID HURRAY WE SHOULD ALL HAVE AN ABORTION NOW JARED DINES CAN GET GAY MARRIED

This is post-NAMM depression. Next friday we'll all give each other chalky little hearts restating our love for each other.

iu

Last edited:

HungryGuitarStudent

Reaction score
What crack must one smoke to think the larada looks anything like a boden?

That's like saying a strat looks like an sg.

As for the two tone, I kinda dig it, but I doubt I'd ever be inclined to buy one. I'm not a huge fan of the asymmetric top/bevel contrast. Looks way more lopsided than it actually is. Much like the kiesel Aries. Gives the illusion of the non-beveled part being the actual shape of the guitar. Give me a solid pastel pink and I'll be a happy camper.

I agree, you gotta be in a weird mental place to start arguing like a madman such a weird point. I hope the guy is doing ok.

Anyhow, J-Larada is slated for delivery next Thursday. Can’t wait !

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
Cause it pisses you off and its kinda funny now lol
But I'm not pissed off. Like, seriously. Not at all. I was just seeing what kind of reactions my comments in this particular thread would elicit.

HUGE similarities actually. Look, there's... strings... and... and... a neck. The same friggin guitar - literally!
What the f*ck is a guitar?

Did Tosin do something to really upset you? Like run over your cat and then start playing CAFO on its grave?
Not a cat fan, but imagine thinking that "CAFO" is still a relevant song to reference.

you seem mad bro
No, sir. I just enjoy reading some of the comments that spew forth from the minds of these diehard Toastin' Kielbasi fanboys online.

I don’t really care, but please carry on with the entertainment. Seriously man, are you doing allright?
Pretty darn good. Thanks for asking! You already, HGS? It's been awhile.

What crack must one smoke to think the larada looks anything like a boden
Chokey, let me tell ya, bro... :lol:

HungryGuitarStudent

Reaction score
To those speaking of a headless build, did you see this Falbo build?

(I have nothing to do with this pic, it was taken from IG.)

Pretty darn good. Thanks for asking! You already, HGS? It's been awhile.

Yeah it’s been too long :) Tendinitis giving me a bit of spare time. You should advise Jared Dines on how to manufacture drama. Grade A stuff man. I mean that with all due respect :)

Last edited:

AmoryDrive

Reaction score
Was just thinking about the bass extension that the Toone and Strandberg customs have, know its not a feature that over a dozen people are probably asking for but might be something cool to do for a limited custom.

Does anyone else build guitars with bass extensions I don't know about?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Yeah it’s been too long :) Tendinitis giving me a bit of spare time. You should advise Jared Dines on how to manufacture drama. Grade A stuff man. I mean that with all due respect :)

Yeah, that was the "fuck you" build he did right after the drama unfolded publicly and Abasi cut him out.

The build process was posted in this thread.

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score

I think it looks pretty damn cool. I'd like to see it as an option, but I do like the version with a headstock too. Doesn't make all the practical sense in the world since my favorite thing about headless is how compact they are (and that body by design is pretty large,) but aesthetically it's neat.

cip 123

Reaction score

I have a headless build here too, that's more of an exact Larada Shape if you missed it :)

cip 123

Reaction score
I think it looks pretty damn cool. I'd like to see it as an option, but I do like the version with a headstock too. Doesn't make all the practical sense in the world since my favorite thing about headless is how compact they are (and that body by design is pretty large,) but aesthetically it's neat.
Here is a Larada headless, which is truer to the shape. It works well and it'd be cool maybe next NAMM to see it.

For reference the Schecter is 27" the Larada at it's longest is 27.5" (in my design, I can't recall the real Larada scale) and the Larada is smaller and lighter :)

85202603_10216854300811291_4083684836663885824_o.jpg