Abasi Concepts/Larada Megathread

ElysianGuitars

Reaction score
It seems like such an odd choice to relic a modern/ergonomic guitar. For me, relic only works when it give the vibe of an actual vintage instrument.

These color combos are nice, but with the relic it just looks like they suffered an accident or had a negligent owner. :shrug:

DSC09822_5000x.jpg

DSC09780_5000x.jpg
Can't have a B-stock with a relic 🤔

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SCJR

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hard to tell because who knows how long ago he actually started the process with EBMM but I wonder if that venture was a hedge against the Abasi line when he saw the writing on the wall? Just a thought.

sleep51

Reaction score
Hard to tell because who knows how long ago he actually started the process with EBMM but I wonder if that venture was a hedge against the Abasi line when he saw the writing on the wall? Just a thought.
what the fan boys want is 8 string laradas and those still sell out pretty much instantly when they drop. Have they even done any since January? I don’t really get the writing on the wall comment, seems ott. If they’re still selling out space ts and 6 string Laradas at 3.5k+ I think its a sign that they’re still doing okay with sales.

sleep51

Reaction score
apologies, I meant to edit my last post because I saw the latest master 8 drop but accidentally double posted. I think considering the current economy they still seem to be shifting them fairly well.

SCJR

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
apologies, I meant to edit my last post because I saw the latest master 8 drop but accidentally double posted. I think considering the current economy they still seem to be shifting them fairly well.

By writing on the wall I meant what I've seen around here, that several people have had QC issues and that the hype has slowed down significantly when these do drop. Not long ago people were losing guitars in their cart to people just a second or two faster to buy them and now several models sit beyond that.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Anyone got any background on why it's called Emi? (Or Larada, for that matter.)

And, those things sold out quickly. I have zero desire to get a Larada or Emi, UNLESS, the Tosin-likes-8s crosses over with the Tosin-makes-emis-with-trems and makes a Floyd 8 Emi. Then I'd have to seriously consider it.

somethingsomething

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Haha, wow. I love when people post a guitar for fucking $10k on Reverb and include ONE photo of said guitar. Or, as in some cases, a blurry, pixelated shot that doesn't even show the whole guitar.

On a related note, the Emi and the Kaizen look pretty similar to me, just with a reversed lower bout.

Cockandballs

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The Kaizen is at least made by a real builder. Everyone in this group seems to have dumped these guitars, endless QC issues, and an abundant for sale for other models. They’ve become the Ed Hardy of guitars. But the Kaizen is pretty cool in terms of design - lots of detail and thought in there. Emi looks like a poor man’s Sterling - don’t get it.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Ngl, the Emi does look sick in my opinion. Make it 1299 like it ought to be and I'll be interested in the shape a little more.
It's funny, cause I don't like the Emi, but you mention $1299 and suddenly I genuinely like it enough to think to myself "yeah I'd consider this".