"Acoustic/Electric" Piezo Guitar

The Echthros

Stupid, apparently
Reaction score
I want to put together a guitar that is built like a standard solid body guitar but in actuality is fucntionaly an "acoustic/electric" guitar drivien by a piezo bridge.

I guess it would be liek stepping towards the realm of guitars like the parker bronze fly and gibson les paul acoustic. There wont be any standard humbucker or single coil pickups just the piezo bridge, preferably a hardtail.

Where I am lost is knowing exactly how to go about doing this. you can get just about anybody to make you a guitar body with just a control cavity and bridge routed but what bridge would best serve this purpose? ive seen discussion on LR Baggs, Fishman, and GraphTech but not much review of said products or demos.

I know its not a novel idea, just an uncommon one. I know it isnt as practical as installing a piezo bridge on a pre-existing guitar but i need this guitar to do only two things: 1) sound like a good amplified piezo setup should, 2) look badass. by using this idea you can use any existing body style and it doesnt have to fit into the mold of a traditional acoustic while still sounding...well, kinda acoustic i guess.

so would this idea be cool and what would you all reccomend. any photos, reviews, and/or demos of current piezo bridges?

these are the guitars ive referenced

Gibson Les Paul Acoustic

Parker Guitars

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
Graphtech GHOST. :yesway:

Has the added benefit of being expandable with modular preamps to MIDI compatability and various tone tweaks. :)