Acoustic ERGs @ Rondo: Name Nominations?

• Thread starter Konfyouzd
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Just an update – I have finally worked out the details, parts needed, etc so we can produce the acoustic –

Specification details we decided on based requested comments and poll:

8 string 27" scale acoustic guitar
* Ebony fingerboard- no dots (just along side of neck)
* Mahogany neck
* 27" scale
* Grover tuners
* Solid spruce top
* Labella 8 string acoustic string
* Mahogany back and side material
* Natural finish

Target Price $425 – to $450 – I am working hard to try to have it come in at $399 but it may be impossible.

BTW if quality comes out good and customers like it, we can probably add a rosewood back and sides for about $25 more.

I have also ordered a multi scale version, but it will cost considerably more, no hard numbers yet.

Do you want to setup a poll for the model name?

I am having them build some samples now, no firm eta yet when we will have ready for main production.

Kurt

That said... We gotta come up with a/some names... We can just come up with a few good ones and then I'll make another thread later in the afternoon so we can vote on one...

Ideas?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
I believe it will have a cutaway of some kind but I'm not sure if we're going with shape we agreed on in our shape thread or not. I would assume so, though.

crg123

SS.orgLocalArchitect
Reaction score
Nice. This is going to be really cool. Can't wait to see the final product.

Señor Voorhees

Reaction score
How about Sovereign?

It's a fun word to say. On top of that, Sovereign was the name of one of the main reapers in Mass Effect, and the reapers make nifty low frequency noises. On top of that, Sovereign was also a dreadnought ship, so it fits into acoustic guitar territory pretty well.

Yup, Sovereign.

edit: For those unfamiliar with reaper sounds:

Mass Effect 3 - Reaper Sounds (UPDATED) - YouTube

jonajon91

New Picture
Reaction score
Since we are just naming cool words, what about catalyst? It's kind of like the instrument is a catalyst for good music to be made through. Pretty lame, but i'm not the most imaginative or that great with words.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
So wait, they don't have a 7 string acoustic but are going to do an 8? Man, I really want a 7-string acoustic, but this 8 sounds awesome too and for the price it would be killer.

Rev.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
No input here yet, but I'm super stoked about this, and Konfyouzd, you are the MAN for getting this done! :yesway:

Latest posts