Add "Who quoted me" to the forum?

• Thread starter Rev2010
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm on a homebrewing forum that has a neat feature that is called "Who quoted me". So when you visit the site you see a notification that you were quoted and can click a link to visit the post. The option makes following up on threads one posted in much easier since you don't have to visit several threads just to check if someone responded to a post of yours. Any chance we can get that on here?

Rev.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
You could always just subscribe to the thread?

That requires me to do so for every thread I post in and I don't believe that will let me know when someone responds directly to a post I made in a thread. Doesn't sound like a good option IMO. The point of who quoted me is that if someone responds directly to something you posted you get a notification and then can read and reply, if necessary, to whomever quoted you. It's a really cool feature.

Rev.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I guess as long as there's an option to disable the notifications for said quoting, I wouldn't really care. I deal with enough notifications from the Like system alone that I don't want to ever see another system implemented that's going to add to that.

Don't get me wrong, I get that people like what I have to say, but the compulsion I have to immediately get rid of that notification makes browsing a PITA sometimes.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
I guess as long as there's an option to disable the notifications for said quoting, I wouldn't really care.

On the homebrewing forum I'm on "Likes" and "Who Quoted Me" are under the same single panel called "Notifications". As far as I know, being I've never looked, I don't know of any way to turn off notifications of "Likes" on here so how does it create anymore of a problem for you?

Either way, what might be an inconvenience for you would be an awesome feature for many others. I could post something in a thread and never check back to find out I either posted incorrect information, or that there was a follow-up question I never knew about to answer, or whether my post helped someone and they thanked me for it but never bothered to click "Like", or whatever. When someone quotes someone else it's a comment back on something you said. Keeping track of that without a "Who Quoted You" requires a lot more time going over threads you've posted in.

Rev.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
As usual, talk to the man upstairs. He's the only guy that can get that working.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
As usual, talk to the man upstairs. He's the only guy that can get that working.

That's why I posted it right here in the Feedback and Suggestions section ;) Hopefully Alex will give his opinion on it. It's really only a positive for the forum, can't see anything negative in it.

Rev.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's why I posted it right here in the Feedback and Suggestions section ;) Hopefully Alex will give his opinion on it. It's really only a positive for the forum, can't see anything negative in it.

Rev.

If it's something you really want you might want to consider talking to Alex directly. :2c:

Alex Kenivel

Stunt Guitar
Reaction score
Awesome idea. It would be a good way to know if you're still in a conversation in a thread or not.

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
good idea. its a feature used on some other forums im on...keeps you on top the conversation.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
God is on 7string.org? :lol:

Yes, and he plays an 8! :lol:

I'd be into this as an opt-in feature as well. I actually thought it was already on here, because sometimes I quote people, and BAM - they're right back in there responding.

vansinn

Reaction score
I agree that this would be a useful feature :yesway:

Alex Kenivel

Stunt Guitar
Reaction score
Yes, and he plays an 8! :lol:

pos_zpsow250k9j.png

Mike

Reaction score
I would certainly like to see this feature implemented as well. :yesway:

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
Alex said this feature, or in his exact words a similar feature, will be available after the site software change this summer.

Rev.