Added the "Main Seven" field.

• Thread starter Chris
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Regor

Double Edge FTW
Contributor
Reaction score
By "Main 7", do you mean "Best 7" or "Most played 7"?

I know it's pulling hairs, but I play my LTD MF-207 more than my RG2127X.

giannifive

Occasional Poster
Contributor
Reaction score
jtm45 said:
Nice feature!

This site just keeps on getting better. :yesway:
Hey jtm, what kind of tones do you get out of that Dino custom? It just has the one bridge pickup, right? Can you coil tap it?

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Have you made entering a birth date mandatory? I went to my profile to add my main seven, and when i saved it, i got an error message saying i had entered an invalid date format for my birthday, which i have intentionally not filled in.

giannifive

Occasional Poster
Contributor
Reaction score
darren said:
Have you made entering a birth date mandatory? I went to my profile to add my main seven, and when i saved it, i got an error message saying i had entered an invalid date format for my birthday, which i have intentionally not filled in.
Yeah, I hate that feature of vBulletin. So can this be removed?

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
It's not about my age... i don't give a rat's ass about that. I would just prefer to not divulge any more personal information on the 'net than is absolutely necessary, just to protect myself as much i can from identity theft.

With your name and date of birth, someone could do nasty things.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
darren said:
It's not about my age... i don't give a rat's ass about that. I would just prefer to not divulge any more personal information on the 'net than is absolutely necessary, just to protect myself as much i can from identity theft.

With your name and date of birth, someone could do nasty things.
If it were as easy as having just a name and a birthday, it'd be far more rampant, i'd think. Just make one up, its no big deal.

Besides, the forum doesnt even display it. :/

giannifive

Occasional Poster
Contributor
Reaction score
HateBreeder said:
If it were as easy as having just a name and a birthday, it'd be far more rampant, i'd think. Just make one up, its no big deal.

It does display them. On the front page, under "Today's Birthdays".

Requiring a birthday is just a silly "feature" to have if it's not required for the operation of the site. Obviously we can enter a fake birthday, but what about those people who aren't smart enough to figure that out?

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Birthdays are turned on to discourage spam bots, since it's a dropdown menu that needs to be clicked. It prevents cheap bots from tab/text/tab/text-ing their way through the registration process to post single instance spam links.

Really you guys need to find better things to worry about. ;) Many of the "silly features", like the gallery, the jukebox, your location, the smilies, etc aren't "required for the operation of the site", but if I stripped out all of the unnecessary stuff, that wouldn't be very interesting, now would it?

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
HateBreeder said:
Click on anybody's profile, mister April 16, 1984! ;)