After 12 years of playing guitar, I have written my first song in six string standard tuning.

guitaardvark

Reaction score
I apologize if this is not the place for sharing music. I'm not really sure where to share on this forum when it comes to original pieces. I'm not trying to make money off of my music, but I completely understand if self promotion is not allowed.

Anyways, after playing in drop tuning for most of my playing history, I decided to experiment in standard. It's almost like there was a reason why someone thought that EADGBE was a decent order to put the strings in. It's a fun way to shake things up after playing in tunings ranging from Drop D to Drop F# for so long. Coincidentally, it's also the first song I've written where most of the rhythm guitar was done on the neck pickup (Suhr SSV, amazing pickup).

Anyways, the song is a love letter to my Nissan Leaf. I had a ton of fun writing this song, and I hope it's fun to listen to :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zhysick

Reaction score
Very nice! I'm not a huge listener of the djenty/neosoul stuff that bands like Plini, Polyphia and the likes are doing but I liked your song: quite happy, positive and nice groove.

Also, it's cool you can plug an amp or whatever direct to your car :lol:

guitaardvark

Reaction score
Wow that’s pretty damn cool!
this is fantastic! realy dig the stuff at the 2min mark.
I appreciate the kind words! Thanks!

Very nice! I'm not a huge listener of the djenty/neosoul stuff that bands like Plini, Polyphia and the likes are doing but I liked your song: quite happy, positive and nice groove.

Also, it's cool you can plug an amp or whatever direct to your car :lol:
Thank you! I'd say that those fellas are definitely some big influences, but the key difference between myself and them is that I am nowhere nearly as technically proficient, which is why I rarely attempt a solo. Happiness/coziness is definitely something I strive for in my music though.

Also, the plugging into the car was just a gag, unfortunately. Some cars have regular three prong outlets that you can actually plug an amp into; this was just me sticking an instrument cable into a drainage hole in my charging door. It's not like those VWs from the early 00s that had amp sims built in.

AdenM

Illuminaughty
Reaction score
Awesome track, don't really listen to much djenty stuff anymore but this has me nostalgic for the bedroom/one-man band days of the genre. Love the video too, makes me miss NorCal.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
Write more songs. I liked it. Been really getting into some bands like Polyphia and I liked the “fun” vibe of the song vs. a pure focus on just fast notes or w/e. Keep it up.

mbardu

Reaction score
Redwood-looking guitar in the middle of redwood trees?
Dude, their bros died for that guitar smdh.

Seriously though, nice track - thank you for sharing!

guitaardvark

Reaction score
Redwood-looking guitar in the middle of redwood trees?
Dude, their bros died for that guitar smdh.

Seriously though, nice track - thank you for sharing!
As an environmentalist whose favorite guitar happens to be made from an endangered wood, the irony is palpable. However, it also serves as a reminder and a partial motivator to live as sustainably as possible, as a future without bubinga, redwood, swamp ash, rosewood, ebony, and all of my other favorite guitar woods is a future that terrifies me.

Thanks for checking it out!