Agile 8 String Owners, What Passives Are You Using?

• Thread starter Carl Kolchak
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Carl Kolchak

Last of the famous international playboys
Reaction score
Was thinking of pulling the pin on another Agile 8 string, and would like to get some ideas as to what might be a good replacement 8 string passive for it, as I wasn't too big a fan of the stock passives the last time I used them.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
The DActivator 8 is great . Sounds nothing like the 7. Pretty sure that's the only one I've ever used in any passive 8 string, though so take that into consideration. :lol:

larsmul

Reaction score
If the guitar has a good acoustic sound you could try the Lace X-Bar in both position ,
they can do everything with clarity and wide but neutral sonic range .
The split tones are very single coil like , without noise and volume drop .

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bearitone

Reaction score
I swapped the stock Duncan Blackouts for some Lundgren M8s with soapbar covers. Needless to say they’re great. Clear, articulate, aggressive, balanced EQ.

I’ll actually be selling my Charcoal Intrepid 828 with the M8 set within the next few months.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Can't help you here. I'm a HUGE fan of the Cepheus passives. Did you have the individual pole pieces ones, or the Lace bar looking ones? The individual pole pieces Cepheus pups generally get great reviews.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Before you replace pickups, replace the rest of the guts. The Agile Cepheus pickups aren't bad at all, but the stock electronics (pots, caps, wiring, etc.) are junky.

Carl Kolchak

Last of the famous international playboys
Reaction score
Before you replace pickups, replace the rest of the guts. The Agile Cepheus pickups aren't bad at all, but the stock electronics (pots, caps, wiring, etc.) are junky.

Found a good deal on a used Agile 7 string LP. So maybe just replace the stock pots with a "drop-in" Gibson harness then?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Found a good deal on a used Agile 7 string LP. So maybe just replace the stock pots with a "drop-in" Gibson harness then?

I guess it depends on what drop-in you go with, but that works. Don't forget the switch.